Forgot to clean my Silencer

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Suppressed

Forgot to clean my Silencer

Post by Suppressed »

Hello all

Here’s the story… I shot my HK w AAC ti rant 45 can and then I went to hospital. I was there for sometime and after I was discharged almost 2 years went by before I was healthy enough to clean it. I’ve been in and out of hospital during this time. I shot 200rds of factory ammo thru it. Before I let it sit. How bad is this?

I am able to clean the Silencer early next week. Any additional cleaning tips I need to know? I have fired and cleaned it before.
Thanks!
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Forgot to clean my Silencer

Post by Capt. Link. »

Suppressed wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:38 pm Hello all

Here’s the story… I shot my HK w AAC ti rant 45 can and then I went to hospital. I was there for sometime and after I was discharged almost 2 years went by before I was healthy enough to clean it. I’ve been in and out of hospital during this time. I shot 200rds of factory ammo thru it. Before I let it sit. How bad is this?

I am able to clean the Silencer early next week. Any additional cleaning tips I need to know? I have fired and cleaned it before.
Thanks!
If the threads were treated with anti seize then no problem,if not its iffy.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895