Kroger and Walmart ask for no open carry in stores

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Kroger and Walmart ask for no open carry in stores

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kroger-jo ... s?ref=home

Walmart (and Sam's Club) instituted a new policy nationwide in asking their customers to refrain from open carry of firearms in their stores in all states where it is legal.

Likewise, today Kroger (and all its brands like City Market, King Soopers and Fred Meyer) announced a policy nationwide like that of Walmart--asking customers to voluntarily refrain from open carry of guns in their stores.

Neither Walmart or Krogers is stopping concealed carry of guns in their stores, and aren't likely to post signs; they are just asking for voluntary stopping of open carry.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kroger and Walmart ask for no open carry in stores

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ry-stores/

New on Thursday...

Walgreens (9560 stores across the USA) announced a voluntary "no open carry" policy for all their stores in the USA, copying the announcements from Walmart and Kroger. Like the others, Walgreens is not prohibiting concealed carry and making the new policy voluntary by asking their customers to not open carry but not using signs.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
willic

Post by willic »

The Kroger's in my area stopped carrying any firearm related magazine several months ago! I live in small town USA, Kroger HAD the best magazine selection around. Sad days!
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Magazines are still a thing?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.