What Happened To This Place?

Random gun talk.

Moderators:mpallett, bakerjw

USMCsilver
What Happened To This Place?

Post by USMCsilver » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:51 am

Ages ago, I remember this being THE SPOT for suppressor info.

I haven't visited in many years, but just looking around, it seems as if this is NO LONGER the spot for info.

Are SH or ARF the "new" best places for suppressor info?
The Original USMCsilver

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: What Happened To This Place?

Post by Capt. Link. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:22 pm

Information dried up when the kit suppressors became popular. If you post a intelligent question a few of us will respond.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895

USMCsilver

Post by USMCsilver » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:04 pm

[quote="Capt. Link." post_id=985560 time=1641414154 user_id=14297]
Information dried up when the kit suppressors became popular. If you post a intelligent question a few of us will respond.
[/quote]

Gotcha. I must be really outta the loop, then.

Are you speaking of the DYI "solvent traps"?

As far as questions go, I'm just on the hunt for a 9mm can. I have two Innovative Arms suppressors (.22 & .45). However, they're both quite old & I'm out of touch on what's good, these days.

Primary use will be on Glocks. Diameter isn't an issue, but I don't necessarily want something too fat. Seeking something average weight; not looking to spend more than about $650-700 (plus the stamp).

Thanks for any info y'all can provide!
The Original USMCsilver

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:05 pm

I am speaking of the solvent trap kits. I know more about building these than what is popular these days.I can recommend several people that can re-core your old suppressors.If you are seeking the latest and greatest I would go to NFA talk for reviews and metering of factory builds plus experiences of owners.
Hope this helps bro!
USN-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895

USMCsilver

Post by USMCsilver » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:27 pm

Capt. Link. wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:05 pm
I am speaking of the solvent trap kits. I know more about building these than what is popular these days.I can recommend several people that can re-core your old suppressors.If you are seeking the latest and greatest I would go to NFA talk for reviews and metering of factory builds plus experiences of owners.
Hope this helps bro!
USN-CL
Thanks for the info! I'll check that place out.

As far as my cans go, they still work as well as they did 15 years ago. The big can hasn't seen a whole lotta action. The .22 can is fed regularly.

I need to reach out to Innovative Arms and see if he'll just machine me a piston with the proper threads. Sure would be the cheapest, fastest, and easiest route. It also helps that he's literally one zip code over...
The Original USMCsilver