Ultra Sonic Cleaner and guns

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MKP

Ultra Sonic Cleaner and guns

Post by MKP »

I am new to the forum, I'm glad to have joined!

Here is my questions, I recently purchased a Harbor freight ultra sonic cleaner.

Anyone know what should NOT be put into something like this for cleaning?

My Walther PPK in 22LR has a nickel like finish. I'm not sure its nickel. Its listed as stainless but its a very bright shiny finish. It looks nickel. I was considering putting the slide and barrel into the cleaner. Its very dirty. Would very shiny stainless or maybe in this case, nickel be damaged by that?

I was considering the same with a rifle bolt. Some of mine are hard to take apart to clean, so I figured, why not the ultra sonic cleaner?

But I got to thinking, plastic and rubber I presume are not to be put in that type of cleaner? I'm not sure if there isn't any bushings or seals in a rifle bolt.
I know my suppressors have that rubber O ring. So I presume the tube to the suppressor is off limits for a ultra sonic cleaner?

Thanks for any information!

M
jenpot

Re: Ultra Sonic Cleaner and guns

Post by jenpot »

You shared a useful post and thanks for sharing this with us. I like the post which you shared here. Get to know about savers hours today here. when does savers close
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Barrels are good to go in, cam pins and firing pins, etc. One thing to know is which cleaning soap/solution to use.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
dinpot

Post by dinpot »

Looking to know such as asking for a specific brand of beer and ordering a how to say beer in polish, or how to improve your Polish drinking skills, get the details here. how do you say beer in polish
kains

Post by kains »

An ultrasonic cleaner is a device that uses high-frequency sound waves to clean objects, including firearms and gun parts. It works by creating millions of tiny bubbles in a cleaning solution, which then implode upon contact with the surface of the object, effectively removing dirt, grime, and beg crunch other contaminants. Ultrasonic cleaners are popular among gun enthusiasts and professionals for their effectiveness in cleaning intricate parts of firearms, such as barrels, bolts, and trigger assemblies.