Fashion Colors?

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Are fashion colors for you?

No way. Once you've had black, you never go back.
20%
Maybe, but only if I have a tactical need for it.
32%
Sure, why not. Variety is the spice of life.
35%
Absolutely! I've waited my whole life to match my gun with my shoes.
12%

Total votes: 65

ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

My ex boss will get a kick out of the John Deere gun. I worked at a John Deere dealership for four years.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
DCloudy777
Silent But Deadly

Post by DCloudy777 »

Brownells sells "Camoflauge Spray Paint" that is cheap and excellent. 12 colors I think, dries fast, holds up way, way better than I thought it would. When the paint starts to look rough, just spray it again! :lol:

DanO
Hellrazor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hellrazor »

2manygunz wrote:You forgot the disclaimer: Guns shown above not recommended for homes with kids. (i.e., they look like toys!)
They are toys :lol: just grown-up toys.
Gonefission

Post by Gonefission »

I don't mind the standard cammo paint jobs, but I am not a fan of the crazy colors. I don't care what people do to their own firearms, but I wouldn't go crazy with paints.

Bibamus moriendum est.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Man, I hadn't thought about going completely custom. That opens up a whole new creative avenue. Grab some spray paint and it's Gun-fiti!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Dweezil wrote:Krylon baby Krylon. Can change the color to suit my mood.
I thought that was a good idea. I had 6 Hi Power magazines that were rusted up. I took 3 and hit them with naval jelly and then degreased. I put Krylon on them, 3 coats on all sides. I let them dry for a few days in an insanely dry room. I put them in my range bag and headed off to the range. I get there, and I have scrapes to bare metal on all 3. The finish lasted 0 minutes and 0 seconds of use. I'm gonna have to strip all 3 back down, degrease, and paint with something that isn't completely worthless. I guess if you're not painting bare steel, the stuff is worthwhile. But if you want rust protection, screw Krylon.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

None of these are as ugly as the atrocity that someone did with water transfer printing on an AR to look like brick peeking through plaster with graffiti names of all the boroughs of NYC :x

ETA: or this...

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Twinsen wrote:
Dweezil wrote:Krylon baby Krylon. Can change the color to suit my mood.
I thought that was a good idea. I had 6 Hi Power magazines that were rusted up. I took 3 and hit them with naval jelly and then degreased. I put Krylon on them, 3 coats on all sides. I let them dry for a few days in an insanely dry room. I put them in my range bag and headed off to the range. I get there, and I have scrapes to bare metal on all 3. The finish lasted 0 minutes and 0 seconds of use. I'm gonna have to strip all 3 back down, degrease, and paint with something that isn't completely worthless. I guess if you're not painting bare steel, the stuff is worthwhile. But if you want rust protection, screw Krylon.
Painting magazines seems like a bad idea no matter what you're using. I wouldn't put anything on a magazine that made it thicker, even by the thickness of paint, inside the magwell. The Pmags I painted all have the upper portion left bare for that reason.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Well crap, man. I gotta put something on them for rust protection. There's a shitton of snow on the ground and Rem oil failed me. The 2 stock mags were parkerized, I had 2 aftermarket blued ones, and 2 aftermarket black painted ones. I might just end up doing a blue on all of them and redoing it every time they rust. I dunno. This crap is annoying.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

st33ve0 wrote:
ETA: or this...

Ohh man. I want this one...

... to crush in a press, then melt in a furnace!
Hermit
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hermit »

Artful wrote:It's an individual preference - most of mine are Blued and wood
When I got my HK it was my first plastic stocked rifle and then I got AR's and now I have some guns with Coyote, Green, etc plastic.

I have friends with some outlandish colors - camo blaze orange - Hot pink - Green apple - It's the difference between those of us that drive white, black, silver, beige cars and the cadnium Yellow, Red, green cars and guns
Those are great. I love that JD themed one. There is a JD theme Harley up around Presque Isle, very sharp. I saw it at a HOG rally. He wanted to enter it in the show and he wasn't a HOG "member", just a visitor so they wouldn't let him compete.
When I had my 07/class2 I varied patterns and colors. I did a few AK's with orange, red engine paint and some black, fern stencils etc. Many OD green and black camo. Was pretty cool and very well received. I called that model "Hell Gun" and if you were to stick it in a bed of embers you wouldn't see it! My ex has one and sn# is 666. I was blown away how fast the colors went. Couldn't keep one in stock for 5 days and auctions went first shot.
Oh yea, I voted why not. Have some fun. Hermit
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Hermit wrote:Oh yea, I voted why not. Have some fun. Hermit
I agree, and so do many others. This opinion is the current leader.