High Standard Sport King as a host? Who can cut/thread the barrel and move the front sight?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jeepwm69

High Standard Sport King as a host? Who can cut/thread the barrel and move the front sight?

Post by jeepwm69 »

I found this site nosing around online for anyone who was using a HS as a suppressor host.

I'm new to suppressors, have a couple in NFA jail at the moment, and plan on trying to Form 1 a couple more in the near future.

While I wait on approval, I've been looking at hosts. Of course, no worse time to be looking for threaded barrels for 10/22's lol

For handguns, I have two old (SK100) High Standard Sport Kings. I grew up shooting similar High Standards, and thought the ease of changing barrels made them a perfect host for suppressors. I even found two extra barrels that fit my SK100's so I can keep my original barrels unaltered.

Not so fast. Suppressing these will require shortening the barrel, threading, AND relocating the front sight, presumably to the barrel block.

I've been nosing around for a few days trying to find someone who could do the work, came across Dick Tatem at Stoneagle, and called and spoke to him. He said he is no longer doing that kind of machine work, but suggested I join here and ask around.

Anyone here have a smith who can do these? Thanks!
pireality

Re: High Standard Sport King as a host? Who can cut/thread the barrel and move the front sight?

Post by pireality »

I have a sport-king and am wanting to do the same thing, there is a bit of room on the tip, but I am not sure it will be enough without jacking with the sights??? Please let me know if you come up with anything and I will do the same.
pireality

Re: High Standard Sport King as a host? Who can cut/thread the barrel and move the front sight?

Post by pireality »

I have a sport-king and am wanting to do the same thing, there is a bit of room on the tip, but I am not sure it will be enough without jacking with the sights??? Please let me know if you come up with anything and I will do the same.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Around 1988 there were adapters that fit the barrel of some
.22s including The High Standard Sport King. Rather than
modifying the classic pistol you can try measuring the
barrel dimension and hunt for the proper adapter

In that time frame famed D.A.Q at
<< http://www.quackenbushairguns.com >> sold
the exemplar coupler:

Article: << http://www.muzzlecouplings.com/muzzle_couplings.htm >>

Examples:
-Gemtech’s 22 QDA Quick Attach/Detach Adapter
-Ruger 10-22 1022 Muzzle Brake Adapter + .750 Thread Protector 1/2x28 TPI. etc.
- Infinite Products Solution .... << https://www.infiniteproductsolutions.co ... s/slip-on/ >>

The best design is the style of the 1930s and 1940s Parker Hale adapter ( ½ x 20 TPI )
with split rings that allowed the adapter to slide onto the
barrel with a slot that passed past the front sight. Then
in back the slotted 2 knurled rings would tighten it against the sight.

Machining such an adapter with proper ½" x 28 TPI front thread
can be easily done. Or perhaps master smiths such as the
Good Captain can be approached to make one the proper one.

Best.

E.g., << https://www.infiniteproductsolutions.co ... s/slip-on/ >>
AugustBlack

Post by AugustBlack »

To be honest, I couldn't even imagine that I could make money on sports and even on the Internet. Now I try my hand at sports betting. Even though I'm a beginner, I already have good results because I use reliable sources of information. First of all I can advise Dimers, click here for more info. Here you can find everything you need from schedules to tips and quick bets.