What silencer to buy

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Chevman231

What silencer to buy

Post by Chevman231 »

To start off I’m looking for advice on a couple silencers. The main one is for my Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 creedmore. For it I’m looking for the quietest can for the best price. I’m shooting long range with it as well as hog/Coyote hunting at night.
The next one is for my 5.56 AR also if it could work on my .243 that would be awesome too. The are is just more of a fun gun and the 243 is my deer/coyote gun. For those I’m wanting some sound suppression but also cost effective. NEITHER one will be used to mag dump with!!
Badman

Re: What silencer to buy

Post by Badman »

https://www.silencershop.com/ They can help you decide.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: What silencer to buy

Post by quiettime »

A .30 caliber can will work fine on all 3 of those calibers. So buy something high quality and you will get good performance while saving the cost of a second can and a second tax stamp.

Great cans are available from Rugged, Dead Air, CGS, Energetic Armament, Griffin and Silencerco. Pick a can that you can afford from one of those manufacturers.

I recommend a "quick attach" can so you can have a muzzle device for each rifle (different host thread pitches) and just attach the can and go.

Silencershop.com is a good retailer, I second them. I've also had good service from Capitol Armory