Liberty Suppressors Announcement

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Liberty Suppressors
Silent Operator

Liberty Suppressors Announcement

Post by Liberty Suppressors »

In light of recent events surrounding the citizens of the state of New York and their unconstitutional laws surrounding firearm legislation, we at Liberty Suppressors have decided that we will no longer support the government that is oppressing the people that it was elected to represent. As of Feb. 18, 2013 and continuing until these draconian laws are repealed, Liberty Suppressors will not do business with any government entity in the state of New York until these laws are repealed.

Keep your powder dry,
David Saylors
President
Liberty Suppressors
Justin
Liberty Suppressors
"You have the right to remain SILENT"
www.Libertycans.net
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Liberty Suppressors Announcement

Post by Historian »

Liberty Suppressors wrote:In light of recent events surrounding the citizens of the state of New York and their unconstitutional laws surrounding firearm legislation, we at Liberty Suppressors have decided that we will no longer support the government that is oppressing the people that it was elected to represent. As of Feb. 18, 2013 and continuing until these draconian laws are repealed, Liberty Suppressors will not do business with any government entity in the state of New York until these laws are repealed.

Keep your powder dry,
David Saylors
President
Liberty Suppressors
You should be hearing rumbling murmurs of the standing ovations for your Patriotism
from around America. Kudos, Sirs!

May you be the catalyst for an ever increasing refusal to allow our
Great Country sink into the quick sand of marxism. Americans
have never been sheep people, they just needed a 'Pearl Harbor'
to reluctantly, but vigorously, rise up and extirpate the criminal
haters of the United States Constitution.

You and your brave companions have fired the first shot that will
be heard across this Nation.

God Bless you and the others that will uprise and flush the criminals
into the Caligula Sewer of Tyranny.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Thank for for making noise when needed. :mrgreen:

Hope the rest follow! This is a time to make a stand and these people must know "we" (the people) will fight it to the end. :!:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Post by ronin111 »

:D
ariwhiteboy
Silent Operator

Post by ariwhiteboy »

Good on you guys.

Out of curiosity, how much business do you all typically do with state and local Govt.? I understand completely if you can't disclose that, I'm just curious as to whether or not suppressors are common acquisitions for LE.
It is a very sad man who requires his opinions to be validated by those around him.

SWR Spectre II (Pending)
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

My next suppressor will be a Liberty.

Good job!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I already have a bunch on the way from Liberty.....and this makes me feel even better about spending all my money!

:D
I've gotta stop this habit.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Look, I appreciate the gesture and all, but let's be realistic on how many suppressors Liberty was going to sell to any government agency let alone NY State. It's sort of like asking for a gold star because I didn't s--t myself today, having taken the no soiling my pledge, except that I never s--t myself anyhow.

Let's see AAC, KAC, Silencerco, Gemtech, maybe even YHM do the same and I'd be a little more impressed as those companies are more likely to sell to state governments. I'm not trying to rain on the parade, lots of companies are "protesting" something very simply because they aren't losing a dollar in potential business.

If it ACTUALLY costs you sales to make that decision, then I'd be first in line handing out cookies.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

:)
I salute you sir
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

piglatinhater wrote:My next suppressor will be a Liberty.

Good job!
ditto... and I just bought one. :-)
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

este wrote:Look, I appreciate the gesture and all, but let's be realistic on how many suppressors Liberty was going to sell to any government agency let alone NY State. It's sort of like asking for a gold star because I didn't s--t myself today, having taken the no soiling my pledge, except that I never s--t myself anyhow.

Let's see AAC, KAC, Silencerco, Gemtech, maybe even YHM do the same and I'd be a little more impressed as those companies are more likely to sell to state governments. I'm not trying to rain on the parade, lots of companies are "protesting" something very simply because they aren't losing a dollar in potential business.

If it ACTUALLY costs you sales to make that decision, then I'd be first in line handing out cookies.
I see your point but this little "gold star" protest made it to the top of the Drudge Report. Red letters even. That is a GOOD thing. Certainly enough to warrant a cookie.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

este wrote:Look, I appreciate the gesture and all, but let's be realistic on how many suppressors Liberty was going to sell to any government agency let alone NY State.
While you might be correct in that they are a only a small part on the supply chain. It has to start somewhere, and normally does start with the little guys. Either way, when enough of the little guys do this then everyone else who is bigger (and needs more of a reason to be willing to take the leap) is more willing to take chances. The reality is these companys are in it to make a profit and deciding to not do business with a paying customer is not something to take lightly. That is even more profound when a small business decides to limit sales. They should be commended and not scorned by persons who should be in the same side they are on. Need we remind you that we are (or should be) on the same side here... Afterall they do supply items that we want.
Blackhorse Scout
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

Well I support you, now if I can get my dealer to order one from you is the problem!
Silencerco SS Sparrow
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Sparrow_27 wrote:Well I support you, now if I can get my dealer to order one from you is the problem!
silencershop.com

problem solved
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Sparrow_27 wrote:Well I support you, now if I can get my dealer to order one from you is the problem!
find a new dealer or you may have to buy one first.
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

I see they are in stock now, but the last time I looked they weren't. As far as dealers go, there isn't much to choose from in Michigan in my area. And most are 4+ hours away which is just too far to go.
Silencerco SS Sparrow
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

That sucks Sparrow as my sot is just minutes from me. Spoiled I can say I am. I want another Liberty can for a future rifle build and not because of this thread. Hats off to them though, I agree.
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

este wrote:Look, I appreciate the gesture and all, but let's be realistic on how many suppressors Liberty was going to sell to any government agency let alone NY State. It's sort of like asking for a gold star because I didn't s--t myself today, having taken the no soiling my pledge, except that I never s--t myself anyhow.

I have to agree. Same thing is happening with the AR manufacturers right now - several have made press releases stating they will not supply govt agencies in states enacting AWBs, but none of them are the ones with significant contracts with any state govt agencies, certainly not NY. The companies with those contracts are not willing to shoot themselves in the foot over this. It would cost them too much, and they are larger operations with shareholders to report to, so they would never be allowed to take a stand.

The benefit of these smaller manufacturers participating is solely one of publicity for our side, and I appreciate that much, but this is not going to cause any worry to the states directly. It can only be effective in gaining public support for the cause. Still, I have to wonder how much each individual company is really concerned with principles, as opposed to using this as a marketing opportunity.
moagm316

Post by moagm316 »

If colt, AAC, Silencerco, and Gemtech follow suit I will take notice. Especially Colt in the AR market. Gov/Mil is their primary market. Gov is too stupid to buy from anyone else.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

moagm316 wrote:If colt, AAC, Silencerco, and Gemtech follow suit I will take notice. Especially Colt in the AR market. Gov/Mil is their primary market. Gov is too stupid to buy from anyone else.
Colt is a whore and will always sell their ass and always have.

Liberty not a whore. Means something ( a statement) regardless of use or not in NY.

Unfortunate that whores make it easy for other whores. :x
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

Colt, like any publicly-traded company, would never take such risks to make a political statement. Shareholders would never stand for it. The president of a garage operation like some of these suppressor companies doesn't have to keep investors happy to keep their job.

The companies that could apply any meaningful political pressure are the ones who are least likely to ever even consider it.