HTG Cycle

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Hush
Silent But Deadly

HTG Cycle

Post by Hush »

Anyone own one? Any info? The reason why I ask is that I just opened a page in a mag. in the drugstore to look at the article and the wife rushes by grabbing my arm telling me hurry we have to go.
I only had time to glance upon a partial sentence which read something to the effect that its the first 9mm can that is truly Hollywood quiet, I can't tell you who wrote the article or which mag. it was.
Is it really Hollywood quiet, I have my doubts when it comes to such claims, a grain of salt you know?
Thanks
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Al Paulson and the mag was the September Issue of Special Weapons.

Al states it is noteworthy because of the unusual metallurgy in the blast baffle(wont say) and it's epsilon baffle system(pat.pend.)It's for the 9mm and SRP is $718.00.It's designed to be shot dry.Al states this is the first 9mm suppressor that is "hollywood"quiet and he also states that HTG provides gee-whiz performance,I s--t you not,it's in there.

Im guessing he owns some stock of HTG.
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

How big is it ,,if its big enough ,,it will be Hollywood quiet :wink:
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

wolf wrote:How big is it ,,if its big enough ,,it will be Hollywood quiet :wink:

OAL-7.75
OD-1.38
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Interesting, next time I'm in thereI have to buy the mag and read about it.
ElDuderino
Silent But Deadly

Post by ElDuderino »

I wrote up a summary of the article here.

EDIT: I forgot to paste the damn link:
viewtopic.php?t=10680&highlight=
Last edited by ElDuderino on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

cyclone72 wrote:Al Paulson and the mag was the September Issue of Special Weapons.

Al states it is noteworthy because of the unusual metallurgy in the blast baffle(wont say) and it's epsilon baffle system(pat.pend.)It's for the 9mm and SRP is $718.00.It's designed to be shot dry.Al states this is the first 9mm suppressor that is "hollywood"quiet and he also states that HTG provides gee-whiz performance,I s--t you not,it's in there.

Im guessing he owns some stock of HTG.
Go to the home page of HTG, and you will read what alloy is used. It is not that unusual.

I believe that HTG uses a hardened stainless for the blast baffle even on pistol cans because the perpendicular face exposed to the muzzle is very small. Thus, it will erode fairly quickly if made from aluminum.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Im just quotin Al verbatim from the mag.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

HTG uses 17-4. AAC uses it for things like levers and booster shafts.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

ElDuderino wrote:I wrote up a summary of the article here.
I found it, I read it, thanks.
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

35 dB out of a 9mm pistol can. :shock:

That is way better than anything currently available.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Suputin wrote:35 dB out of a 9mm pistol can. :shock:

If by 'way better' you mean 'the same as an Evo-9,' then sure.
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Go back and look at the 9mm data you have posted right on this website then tell us again that the Evo9 is capable of 35 dB dry. :shock:

Your data over a number of tests for the Evo9 generally runs around 30 - 31 dB dry with a single test showing 33.4 dB (annotated - "tested in Georgia" - so who knows who really did that test).

Thus using your own data posted on your website it is obvious the HTG is considerably better than any other 9mm pistol can currently available ... including the Evo9.

You know, it is OK to promote AAC products but lets try and stay at least a bit realistic with it. :?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Suputin wrote:Go back and look at the 9mm data you have posted right on this website then tell us again that the Evo9 is capable of 35 dB dry. :shock:

Your data over a number of tests for the Evo9 generally runs around 30 - 31 dB dry with a single test showing 33.4 dB (annotated - "tested in Georgia" - so who knows who really did that test).

Thus using your own data posted on your website it is obvious the HTG is considerably better than any other 9mm pistol can currently available ... including the Evo9.

You know, it is OK to promote AAC products but lets try and stay at least a bit realistic with it. :?
There is less margin for error if you compare Al's numbers for the HTG to Al's numbers for the Evo-9 as that is the same sound meter/mic combination.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/articl ... 906_42.pdf
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

rsilvers wrote:
Suputin wrote:Go back and look at the 9mm data you have posted right on this website then tell us again that the Evo9 is capable of 35 dB dry. :shock:

There is less margin for error if you compare Al's numbers for the HTG to Al's numbers for the Evo-9 as that is the same sound meter/mic combination.

G19/Evo-9 combo- 35 NSR Dry.

hoochie coochie :twisted:
Last edited by cyclone72 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yeah, he walked right into that. Happens all the time.
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Well there you go, I stand corrected. - adult response

Robert, why don't you collate all such data into your current data tables and footnote it as to the source and tester then we can all be better informed?
FUCKING OWNED
6 year old's response :roll:
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Why should he,you just seem like not a nice person when it comes to stuff like this.You just want to bad mouth an Evo-9.

viewtopic.php?t=10977
Last edited by cyclone72 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

So much work to do that.

Also note that the HTG is a 1-3/8 whereas the Evo-9 is 1-1/4. There is no magic here. Both are tops in efficiency but the AAC seems to have an edge in dB per cubic inch.
Fast996
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Fast996 »

cyclone72 wrote:
rsilvers wrote:

G19/Evo-9 combo- 35 NSR Dry.

FUCKING OWNED :twisted:

Holy Cow you'd think these things had 2 balls hanging from them!!
ElDuderino
Silent But Deadly

Post by ElDuderino »

Suputin wrote:35 dB out of a 9mm pistol can. :shock:

I think the article stated 37 db dry
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I thought it was 37 with spit in it.
ElDuderino
Silent But Deadly

Post by ElDuderino »

No 37 dry, and an average of 39 wet (spitting once into end of can; 39 db is the average of 10 shots!

If you look at my post:
viewtopic.php?t=10680&highlight=

"37 dB dry, 39 wet;
FRP: +6.7 dB (dry)
When spit once into rear of can: -1.8 dB (one round); That's 9.5 dB quieter for the first shot!
Over 10 rounds, the spit made it average 2 dB quieter.

Ammo was UMC 147 grain truncated cone FMJ"
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

If that is the case, then the larger tube serves some purpose. Maybe AAC should change to that tube size if no one minds the looks and need for taller sights.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

rsilvers wrote:If that is the case, then the larger tube serves some purpose. Maybe AAC should change to that tube size if no one minds the looks and need for taller sights.
I would gladly have a larger/ more quiet EVO, of course I bought one anyway.

:lol:
NFAtalk.org