HTG Cycle

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

rsilvers wrote:If that is the case, then the larger tube serves some purpose. Maybe AAC should change to that tube size if no one minds the looks and need for taller sights.
I agree, and so does Al. The Epsilon baffle is pretty effective at lower pressures due to it's design. I think I understand why, and the greater OD only helps the design delay the gasses.

If the efforts were reversed, and the Cycle 9 reduced to 1.25", I do not believe it would be as quiet as the EVO.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

cyclone72 wrote:
FUCKING OWNED :twisted:
Real Mature!!! Don't be such a Dick.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Why should he,you just seem like not a nice person when it comes to stuff like this.You just want to bad mouth an Evo-9.
Oh please, just because I'm not drinking the AAC purple juice, doesn't mean I am badmouthing them. :roll: Go back and read my original post. I NEVER bad mouthed any can or anyone. I happen to think the Evo9 is an excellent can and that AAC products in general are very good. But they aren't the be all and end all of suppressors .... contrary to popular belief here. :shock: :D

It was my impression (since proved wrong and admitted as such) that the new HTG can was a marked improvement over every other can on the market. I never mentioned any other can by name. Sheesh. :roll:

On the other hand I think that 1 3/8" is a bit too unwieldy for a pistol can. They should be able to be very quiet in a 1.25" OD tube.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

A lot more goes into a silencer than making something quiet for a hundred round test.

I was originally impressed with the HTG. My local gun shop/range transfered one to a guy about six months ago.This was the first one I had seen ...it destroyed the pistol in 50 rounds. The booster only has .250" of travel.

I believe that HTG is on to something, but it takes a lot of R&D and testing in order market a proper booster.

Is it quiet?...Yes.

Is it revolutionary?...No.

Is it an improvement over current products?...I don't believe so.

Is 1.38" too big?...I don't think so.

Would I buy one?...Not yet.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

gee,when Arevalo does it it's cool but when I do it I get into trouble.Oh well.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Suputin wrote:
Why should he,you just seem like not a nice person when it comes to stuff like this.You just want to bad mouth an Evo-9.
Oh please, just because I'm not drinking the AAC purple juice, doesn't mean I am badmouthing them. :roll: Go back and read my original post. I NEVER bad mouthed any can or anyone. I happen to think the Evo9 is an excellent can and that AAC products in general are very good. But they aren't the be all and end all of suppressors .... contrary to popular belief here. :shock: :D

It was my impression (since proved wrong and admitted as such) that the new HTG can was a marked improvement over every other can on the market. I never mentioned any other can by name. Sheesh. :roll:

On the other hand I think that 1 3/8" is a bit too unwieldy for a pistol can. They should be able to be very quiet in a 1.25" OD tube.
ok,fair enough.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

cyclone72 wrote:gee,when Arevalo does it it's cool but when I do it I get into trouble.Oh well.
No its when anyone does it. Its crap like that, that makes me apprehensive about posting questions here. Last time I checked its silencer talk not AAC talk. Don't get me wrong I think AAC makes a great product and is making the silencer industry better because of their improvements. I just think that sometimes people get out of hand with their grade school "Oh Snap" remarks. I would have been pissed if it was aimed at Me. Just my .02

Sorry for the Hijack.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

cyclone72 wrote:gee,when Arevalo does it it's cool but when I do it I get into trouble.Oh well.
:lol:

For the record I LOL'd.

And quite frankly I agree with you.

:D
NFAtalk.org
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

hs338lapua wrote:
No its when anyone does it. Its crap like that, that makes me apprehensive about posting questions here. Last time I checked its silencer talk not AAC talk. Don't get me wrong I think AAC makes a great product and is making the silencer industry better because of their improvements. I just think that sometimes people get out of hand with their grade school "Oh Snap" remarks. I would have been pissed if it was aimed at Me. Just my .02

Sorry for the Hijack.
Robert follwed up with data to make his case and that "fucking owned" would be offensive, BUT he did put a "evil smiley" after to show he is kidding as well.

You are correct in that there is a strong AAC bias here.

sputin made his case and when he replied back he had plenty of smilies right back.

We are all mostly friends here.

:D
NFAtalk.org
BigGreen
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigGreen »

Kevin/AAC wrote:A lot more goes into a silencer than making something quiet for a hundred round test.

I was originally impressed with the HTG. My local gun shop/range transfered one to a guy about six months ago.This was the first one I had seen ...it destroyed the pistol in 50 rounds. The booster only has .250" of travel.

I believe that HTG is on to something, but it takes a lot of R&D and testing in order market a proper booster.

Is it quiet?...Yes.

Can we get some pics of the destroyed gun? What did HTG say when the can destroyed the gun after only 50 rounds? I will call him tomorrow and ask him about it.

I have to call bullshit here. Al said in the review that "First, I conducted rapid action drills with HTG's Cycle suppressor mounted on the Baretta 92f for 500 rounds to check for handiness, reliability, and pistol wear. I then repeated the exercise using a GLOCK 17. I disassembled and cleaned the booster after every 500 rounds. The HTG CYCLE proved 100% reliable on both pistols. Moreover, both suppressed pistols delivered good practical accuracy within the close quarters battle environment. Neither pistol exhibited any signs of wear." Then and only then did he do the DB test.

I just got done reading the article.

I have to say that the AAC attitude from the employees/owners and the need to put all other products down, has been a major factor in my deciding not to buy AAC cans multiple times now.
No matter how good your product is, your attitude has already lost you at least 3 can sales with me alone, and no telling how many others here. Frankly its become boring and predictable.

Oh yeah, for everyone else,
126.3 average Dry on the Evo9, and 122 average dry on the Cycle "4.3db less" using the same meter and specs that Robert gave us
The Cycle only weighs 8oz.
I talked to the HTG guy on the phone today, and he said if you buy a can from him, he will thread your barrel for free to match it, and his cans have a lifetime warranty. Nice guy.
Thanks AAC, I was wavering on the line between an Evo9 and the Cycle. You just made him a sale.
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

People are fed up with the child like behavior on this website...like "FUCKING OWNED" and

ALL

THE

INTERNET

LAWYERS

:lol: :lol:

Time for something different...
07FFL 02 SOT
Corvus corax
Silent Operator

Post by Corvus corax »

I am currently on the market for a 9mm can, and the Evo 9 has been at the top of my list. Unfortunately, my regular class 3 dealer won't stock anything from AAC any more. He wouldn't go into details. He also said I have to pay up front for anything I want to have him order from them, and personally, I don't like having to finance the dealer's profit ahead of recieving the product!

I went to another local class 3, who is a new dealer for AAC, and we have tried to get information about availability/ place order for product/ even get the current price, and AAC will not return his phone calls. We've been calling for three weeks now. I wanted 3 different cans. An M4 -1000, an EVO 9, and possibly a Cyclone to replace my Gemtech TPRS.

I've heard people say that AAC is tough to get warranty service on product, I had heard that they were a little long on lead times. I can understand long lead times. I am in the manufacturing business, and our lead times are never what we would like them to be. I can understand a few vocal people being displeased, and raising a stink that FAR exceeds the actual problem. People get pissed off, and they make up stories to validate their "feelings".

But I have to say, I'm a little pissed off myself about not even having my prospective dealer's phone calls returned. He wants to order product, I wish to buy said product. I want to know when I can expect to SEE said product. I want to get in that LINE. But I have to admit, I'm beginning to think this order might be snake bit. I mean, if I can't get a phone call returned in three weeks, how long will it take to actually get a suppressor?

Your products are probably the best I have seen, and I REALLY want an EVO 9. But if no one in my area will deal with AAC anymore, how am I supposed to buy one?
What's a day without flippin' like a trout?
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

1928A1 wrote:People are fed up with the child like behavior on this website...like "FUCKING OWNED" and

ALL

THE

INTERNET

LAWYERS

Time for something different...
I agree.

I say we KY them in the ass till they leave.

A litte B***S**ks?

:wink:

I thik sometimes we all get wound a little too tight and need to :

Lighten up Francis.

NFAtalk.org
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Corvus corax wrote:I am currently on the market for a 9mm can, and the Evo 9 has been at the top of my list. Unfortunately, my regular class 3 dealer won't stock anything from AAC any more. He wouldn't go into details. He also said I have to pay up front for anything I want to have him order from them, and personally, I don't like having to finance the dealer's profit ahead of recieving the product!
AAC gives dealers a better price if they are 'stocking dealers' and order more than one can at a time. If they do not, they also have an option to get a better price if they pay up front. This makes small dealers more often have to pay up front to get the low-low price. The sad part about it is -- even if they DO NOT pay up front, they get the same or more margin than Gemtech gives. So there is really no reason to make a customer pay up front, other than they are attracted to the larger profit they see before them on the dealer price sheet. From AAC's perspective, it was designed to encourage dealers to have more items in stock through a price incentive so that there would be less delay for the customer. Buy an AAC can from a stocking dealer. If your dealer does not stock them, they should buy them from a distributor.
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

What I am about to say will offend some I'm sure "buyers are liers". I've had, I cannot count how many, tell me they will pay for "it" when it comes in and never return. I totally understand making someone pay up front. Many of us in the gun business cannot have an exotic piece of equipent collect dust for a year or two until someone "else" decides to purchase the item.
bonebreak2000
Silent But Deadly

Post by bonebreak2000 »

Corvus corax take a look through our NFA for sale board. You will find a few sellers there that have AAC cans in stock and ready to ship to your class 3. This is the route I went mainly because it was a lot cheaper. Not only was the can 100ish cheaper but I didn't have to pay sales tax in my state on it. If you want a recommendation for me on some good sellers PM me and we can talk.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

BigGreen wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:A lot more goes into a silencer than making something quiet for a hundred round test.

Is it quiet?...Yes.

Can we get some pics of the destroyed gun? What did HTG say when the can destroyed the gun after only 50 rounds? I will call him tomorrow and ask him about it.

I have to call bullshit here. Al said in the review that "First, I conducted rapid action drills with HTG's Cycle suppressor mounted on the Baretta 92f for 500 rounds to check for handiness, reliability, and pistol wear. I then repeated the exercise using a GLOCK 17. I disassembled and cleaned the booster after every 500 rounds. The HTG CYCLE proved 100% reliable on both pistols. Moreover, both suppressed pistols delivered good practical accuracy within the close quarters battle environment. Neither pistol exhibited any signs of wear." Then and only then did he do the DB test.

I have to say that the AAC attitude from the employees/owners and the need to put all other products down, has been a major factor in my deciding not to buy AAC cans multiple times now.
No matter how good your product is, your attitude has already lost you at least 3 can sales with me alone, and no telling how many others here. Frankly its become boring and predictable.

126.3 average Dry on the Evo9, and 122 average dry on the Cycle "4.3db less" using the same meter and specs that Robert gave us
I talked to the HTG guy on the phone today, and he said if you buy a can from him, he will thread your barrel for free to match it, and his cans have a lifetime warranty. Nice guy.
Thanks AAC, I was wavering on the line between an Evo9 and the Cycle. You just made him a sale.
It was a Cycle 45 and a HK USP Tactical pistol.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Corvus corax wrote:I am currently on the market for a 9mm can, and the Evo 9 has been at the top of my list. Unfortunately, my regular class 3 dealer won't stock anything from AAC any more. He wouldn't go into details. He also said I have to pay up front for anything I want to have him order from them, and personally, I don't like having to finance the dealer's profit ahead of recieving the product!

I went to another local class 3, who is a new dealer for AAC, and we have tried to get information about availability/ place order for product/ even get the current price, and AAC will not return his phone calls. We've been calling for three weeks now. I wanted 3 different cans. An M4 -1000, an EVO 9, and possibly a Cyclone to replace my Gemtech TPRS.

I've heard people say that AAC is tough to get warranty service on product, I had heard that they were a little long on lead times. I can understand long lead times. I am in the manufacturing business, and our lead times are never what we would like them to be. I can understand a few vocal people being displeased, and raising a stink that FAR exceeds the actual problem. People get pissed off, and they make up stories to validate their "feelings".

But I have to say, I'm a little pissed off myself about not even having my prospective dealer's phone calls returned. He wants to order product, I wish to buy said product. I want to know when I can expect to SEE said product. I want to get in that LINE. But I have to admit, I'm beginning to think this order might be snake bit. I mean, if I can't get a phone call returned in three weeks, how long will it take to actually get a suppressor?

Your products are probably the best I have seen, and I REALLY want an EVO 9. But if no one in my area will deal with AAC anymore, how am I supposed to buy one?

Sorry for your hassles. I don't know how to explain that no one returns your calls for three weeks. We have three people answer the phones all day. Our policy is to return voice mail by the end of each business day. You can post or pm your number and I will have someone call you. Or you could email or fax, if calling doesn't work.
Corvus corax
Silent Operator

Post by Corvus corax »

I stopped down there again this evening, and I have no idea what is going on. You all aren't in the process of moving, right? Apparently, if that is not the case, my dealer may have been calling the wrong number! The number I tried on one of my brochures doesn't work, apparently its out of date. Anyways, they are not going to be around until the 10th now. I'd really like to go somewhere I can just handle the can I'm going to be buying, have them put it in back, and file the paper. I'm not really much of a fan of waiting… I'm going to try another class 3 I have in the area tomorrow, maybe I"ll have better luck with him.
What's a day without flippin' like a trout?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I know this is just me because I am am internet user, but I always get phone numbers off a company's web page.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

BigGreen wrote:

Is it quiet?...Yes.

+1 I will get the cycle. Why is it that AAC always says the other guys suppressor ruined someones gun NO names or proof.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

BigGreen wrote: Can we get some pics of the destroyed gun? What did HTG say when the can destroyed the gun after only 50 rounds? I will call him tomorrow and ask him about it.
What did he say when you called and asked him about it?
BigGreen
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigGreen »

He had to buy the gun from Impact guns to find out. No one would send it to him to let him check it.
Something hinky had been done to one of the locking lugs on the barrel before the silencer was ever put on the gun. He has been unable to duplicate the failure with a good condition tactical.
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

BigGreen wrote:He had to buy the gun from Impact guns to find out. No one would send it to him to let him check it.
Something hinky had been done to one of the locking lugs on the barrel before the silencer was ever put on the gun. He has been unable to duplicate the failure with a good condition tactical.
This is really strange if the gun was a HK USP Tactical pistol.
Why ,, well the HK USP Tactical pistol. does only have ONE locking lug :shock:
does this mean that the gun did have a extra locking lug :?:
If the locking lug did have the front damaged ,thats what happens when the can is not timed for the gun = bad can

Ps how could he tell that the damage was done before the can was put on,and not after (by the can) ??
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yes. I spoke to him also. It is his belief that the pistol's destruction was not related to shooting it with his silencer on it.