762 Suppressor and Rifle

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

adrianrog
Silent Operator

762 Suppressor and Rifle

Post by adrianrog »

So a local store has AAC 7.62 SDN-6's on sale for $499. I wasn't really thinking about one, but then saw their ad and here I am. Anyway, talking to a different store with a larger selection and a guy there told me I should really look at Sig's 7.62 SRDTI-QD for $800 instead. He claims it's lighter, smaller, and quieter. What do you think? Is there another I should consider?

Next, I have a couple of 5.56 AR's that I could use one on, but don't currently have a threaded 30 cal of any kind. Have been considering a Ruger American Ranch, but then I saw a 12.5" AAC AR-15 and thought it looked really cool. My deal is that guns that aren't accurate aren't fun to me. 1.5" @100 yards ain't fun. I have more bolt guns than anything else and prefer revolvers to semi autos because they're more likely to be accurate. That being said, how would you compare the American Ranch to the AAC in terms of accuracy? How are the triggers on each? Should I consider a different AR-15? What's most likely to get me SUB MOA groups at 100 yards? The Ruger is $370 locally and the 12.5" AAC AR is $1400. Also, I'm normally a Remington 700 fan, but can't find many good reviews of their 300 Blackout on the web.

99% of what I'll do with one is punching paper or shooting steel.

Thanks,
Adrian
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Re: 762 Suppressor and Rifle

Post by roodyrocker »

I was recently looking for a .30 cal can that would cover mainly my AR's in .223/5.56 and 300 Blackout. I went with the new Surge 762 from Rugged Suppressors. Be forwarned, its twice the money you mentioned but it is multiple cans in one. It will cover all the calibers I need (and the ones you listed I believe) and it can be run in a standard length or shorter length K style. Silencer Shop is running a special so you also get the 5.56 end cap and both mounts (for .223/5.56 and another for 300 Blackout) for free. You might want to check that one out. Mine is waiting in NFA jail so I can't give you any real world experience on it yet.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
cpc989

Post by cpc989 »

$499 for an sdn6 is a great price - People complain ab AAC in general and the 52t mount but mines worked fine. I wouldnt pay what I did for it again now but at $499 I would buy that.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I have a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor that has been pretty accurate and has an above average trigger. I've been pretty pleased with it running my AAC 300TM.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Quiet Riot
Silent Operator

Post by Quiet Riot »

I also vote for the Surge 762 for its versatility as a general purpose can. It sounds better and shoots better than my 762-SDN-6. It would be tough to pass up a deal like that, but if you're already going to consider an $800 can, you should also consider the Surge 762.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZlHxpVYbw
I'm TWANGnBANG on YouTube.
http://youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG