Need host for 300AAC bolt gun for Veterans Non-Profit

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

which rifle?

Ruger American 300AAC
70%
Remington 700 300AAC
30%
Other...post explanation
No votes

Total votes: 10

Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Need host for 300AAC bolt gun for Veterans Non-Profit

Post by Joker31D »

I'm trying to buy another host for the Non-Profit I am a part of and need it to be threaded because I need to be able to not damage the hearing of the Veterans. I have a few guys who have sustained facial wounds and cant wear hearing protection because of the shape of their heads after surgery. I have figured a 300aac bolt gun would be best, I narrowed it down to 2 choices.

I didnt go savage because they refuse to make a rifle in 300aac. I normally would but savage refuses.

Remington 700 16" barrel in Hogue stock (Factory combo)

Ruger American 16" barrel in ruger stock. (factory setup)

I'm leaning towards the Ruger because of the 5R rifling and my distaste for the 700 but the 700 fits in the magpul stock which is flawless and easy to adapt to different shoooters.

These rifles will be bought with my own money (Layaway) then donated to the charity for no tax benefit (I dont pay taxes, I'm a 100% disabled Combat wounded veteran)

I chose them because of their price (My disablilty money isnt much) and their parts ability so I can fix any problems quickly and wont have to dead line a rifle, ruining a hunting weekend.

I have 2 cans I will allow them to use: My Saker762 and if weight is a huge deal, my Osprey45 all ammo will be subsonic at 80degrees, 70% humidity 5ft elevation. You know, typical Florida hunting weather.

edit: Just to let you know, I was using my SBR AR for this but had a vet accidentally do the equivalent of bump fire 5 rounds at the range so I dont want to use a semi anymore. He thought it was cool but I decided that bump firing 5 rounds into a deer would be bad press for our organization if it got out.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need host for 300AAC bolt gun for Veterans Non-Profit

Post by rimshaker »

I have the RARR+Saker combo and you won't be disappointed. I can hit those orange 4" clays at 350yds with it. But mostly ringing 8-10" steel plates for everyone else's enjoyment.
Saker is not overly heavy using the direct thread adapter. It balances well with the full size RARR, and the barrel remains free-floating.

Get a high quality scope with lots of generous eye relief so the guys never have to strain/focus to keep a good sight picture.
A fixed power scope might be perfect. Simple to use and no other adjustments needed. Personally I think Leupold should be the minimum baseline.
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

I like my Ruger.

I was thinking about the Remington when the Ruger hit the market, and at roughly half the price, it was kind of a no-brainer for me.

Everyone who has shot it has enjoyed it, and I have no problem keeping everything in a 5" circle at 200 yards consistently.

I don't recall where you are in FL, but if you're in the panhandle, feel free to hit me up to come try mine out.
JFettig
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JFettig »

The ruger is very nice, other than the stock and the magazines are not great but it gets my vote.
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

If it is something you would be interested in I would be willing to do an integral on a Remington 700 for your organization at no cost other than the tax stamp. Message me if you are interested.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02