Sandman Ti opnions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

flyingbullseye

Sandman Ti opnions

Post by flyingbullseye »

Looking at picking up a sandman ti and want to get some opinions from guys that have used it, either personally owned or friends or against a competitor in a match. Good bad and in-between.

Thoughts on accuracy, repeatability, sound reduction especially in comparison to its competition, recoil impulse ect. Regret its purchase or wish you did? Basically anything from a users experience.

I've done as much research on it as I can but end user experience it going to be more helpful at this point.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Sandman Ti opnions

Post by mars »

if you look at page 5 there are some numbers, which are very good. i would tell you how mine sounds, but i haven't shot it yet. still waiting to install a lower parts kit. but the fit and finish are very good on mine.

https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content ... ow-Res.pdf
the POWPOW now goes powpow
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

For me, the mounting on the Sandman L was too good to pass on. It's an ingenious design and swayed me over the Surge (which I still May buy anyway)

If they'd offer a Sandman TI QD that would be a no brainer
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

It's fantastic. On my 308 precision rig I run a Sandman-Ti, and on my 6.5 Creedmoor a Sandman-L.

The Ti is a fantastic can... as far as dB reduction goes, it's at the top. Accuracy, the can isn't going to degrade it at all... the only thing you have to take into consideration is your harmonics will be altered slightly, so you're going to have to probably redevelop the load. Reputability is there, take it off and put it back on, it will be the same. Recoil feels like a suppressed rifle--- no regrets in owning it at all.

If it means anything, my personal collection isn't as enormous as you may expect--- there's not that much reason to pay a stamp and put one in my trust when I can use the shops. I have to REALLY like a suppressor to purchase it. That being said, I own a every Dead Air can except a Sandman-S, which I'll pick up in a month or so probably.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
flyingbullseye

Post by flyingbullseye »

Josh or others that use the can. Here's my dilemma.

Currently I have a 300-TM and have kicked around the idea of picking up another precision can for a potential build. What I have thought was to just not purchase anything and rock what I have on both rigs or have one for each. There are pro's and con's for each. Its nice to have one for each build but that costs money. The pro's and con's.

The 2 cans I was looking at was the ultra 9 and the Sandman Ti which is why I was asking for opinions about the sandman. Part of me thinks its not worth picking up another can, reasoning that I won't notice any difference between what I have and what I could buy. I doubt I'll see any difference accuracy wise but it would be disappointing to find out after I spent $1000+ that the new can is louder and or heavier, in the Sandman's case, than my current suppressor. On the other hand I could find that either the ultra 9 or sandman ti could be an improvement to what I have and would be missing out of more enjoyment with the 2 builds over just using my 300TM for both builds.

I know its always "its your money do what you want" thing but its peoples opinions and experiences maybe in a similar situation I want to hear from.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

I don't think you'll find the Sandman-Ti is louder--- it's about as good as it gets. Really, with that can and a few others you get into arguments over a dB or so differences in testing.

It's a bit of a tough call. I own 2 P320s-- one carry and one carry tacops. They really are the same gun, one just has a threaded barrel and nightsights. Why? Because I wanted both and I like having multiples of things, and they're slightly different enough to justify it in my head. I've got multiple 1911s.... they really are about the same gun, but there's subtle differences and I enjoy the collection aspect of it as well.

I got some advice in highschool from a guy, he said "If you can afford something and want it, then buy it now- there may be a day where you can't afford it or get it and regret it." Not saying go spend money all willy-nilley, but I enjoy growing my collection--- there are cans I don't use much, but direct thread cans work to let a friend shoot suppressed when they're with me.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com