Red-dot RMRs and Suppressors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jtsantes

Red-dot RMRs and Suppressors

Post by jtsantes »

Because of my lack of experience with red-dot RMRs on pistols, my question might seem odd to most of you. I recently purchased a Walther PPQ M2 Q4 and am running it suppressed using an Silencerco Octane 9. I have several 9mm threaded handguns but don't have suppressor height sights on any of them. I usually just "aim" through the can. My PPQ can accommodate a red-dot sight and I was wondering whether the optic will stand tall enough so I'm not "hitting"' the back of the can with the red dot. This might seem like a stupid question, but before I purchase any red-dot RMR I need to figure this out or I'm back to sighting through the can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Red-dot RMRs and Suppressors

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I have many pistols using red dots and they all clear a suppressor easily.
My main challenge at first was getting used to the slightly higher point of aiming that was different than muscle memory. On many pistols if you want any chance of cowitness with irons you have to use suppressor height sights and even then the dot not be able to mount low enough. For me, Red Dots and lasers if lighting works are the best options for a suppressor pistol.

http://www.recoilweb.com/why-a-mini-red ... 36835.html
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
jtsantes

Post by jtsantes »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:I have many pistols using red dots and they all clear a suppressor easily.
My main challenge at first was getting used to the slightly higher point of aiming that was different than muscle memory. On many pistols if you want any chance of cowitness with irons you have to use suppressor height sights and even then the dot not be able to mount low enough. For me, Red Dots and lasers if lighting works are the best options for a suppressor pistol.

Thanks for the information. Yes, I think given the number of different sights and red-dots, it would be very difficult to determine the right combinations for cowitness. I would just be happy seeing the red dot over the can. Thanks again.
jtsantes

Post by jtsantes »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:I have many pistols using red dots and they all clear a suppressor easily.

By the way, with your experience, can you tell me what MOA might be better for my application...3 versus 6? I shoot primarily within 25 yards (usually about 15) and an occasional session at 50, when I'm feeling particularly good, which doesn't happen too often. I haven't purchased the red-dot rmr because I'm not sure which way to go on the moa.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Smaller MOA == tighter groups, maybe, dependent on the skill of the shooter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

doubloon wrote:Smaller MOA == tighter groups, maybe, dependent on the skill of the shooter
+1, as usual!

1 MOA on my .22 S&W 41, Ray Brandes 1:8 twist Bully Barrel,
delivers 'bench resting' in 50 to 100 yard range.

It feels like a small carbine.

Too bad S&W did not machine it 'slotted' like my C96*, 1936 Hi Power,
or the venerable 1918 DWM's. :) :)

Possible accessory example: << https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10185 ... -swat-camo >>

* << https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6paNa03tnDA >>
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

A 6moa dot is only 1.5" at 25 yards so even the bigger dots are capable of very good accuracy, although for making tiny groups 2-4 moa is my favorite.
Biggest difference is speed shooting, if you want that sight to jump out at you on the draw and be easy to follow through a speed course, 6 moa is better.
Here is my list for perspective.

Glock 40 4moa
S&W 66 3.5moa
Para Ordnance P14 6moa
Sig P220 7.5moa triangle
CZ-75 AccuShadow 3.5moa
Glock 34 7.5moa triangle
Glock 19 7.5moa triangle
Glock 19 7.5moa triangle
Ruger MkIII 4moa

I do have several micro dots on tiny rifles (SBR or PDW) but all of them are 2 to 2.5 moa.
jtsantes

Post by jtsantes »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:A 6moa dot is only 1.5" at 25 yards so even the bigger dots are capable of very good accuracy, although for making tiny groups 2-4 moa is my favorite.
Biggest difference is speed shooting, if you want that sight to jump out at you on the draw and be easy to follow through a speed course, 6 moa is better.
Here is my list for perspective.

Glock 40 4moa
S&W 66 3.5moa
Para Ordnance P14 6moa
Sig P220 7.5moa triangle
CZ-75 AccuShadow 3.5moa
Glock 34 7.5moa triangle
Glock 19 7.5moa triangle
Glock 19 7.5moa triangle
Ruger MkIII 4moa

I do have several micro dots on tiny rifles (SBR or PDW) but all of them are 2 to 2.5 moa.

I think I've decided on the 3 moa. I have a Vortex AR red dot (2 moa) that I use on my 9mm carbine with a suppressor and I looked through it yesterday to see the effect of distance versus dot size on the target and I think think the 3 moa will work for me. I'm nearly 72 years old looking to improve my target skills, not run tactical training courses where quick target acquisition is the goal. Thank you all for your input.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Hold your dot sight at arms length for comparison to target size. 2moa isn't that small if mounted close to you, different when held further. That aside, 3moa is a good size for most things.
Edwardinilm

Курс валют прогнозы аналитиков

Post by Edwardinilm »

Для того чтоб реализовывать торговлю на валютных рынках на основе базового анализа, необходимо быть в курсе событий в всевозможных экономиках мира и макроэкономических характеристик. Прогноз на следующий год по курсу валют
Владея этими знаниями, вы можете лучше распоряжаться личными трейдерскими стратегиями, с тем чтобы оградить себя от неожиданных сюрпризов.
[url=https://prognozkursov.ru]прогнозы курсов основных валют в
[/url]
Freddyomido

Question about Facebook videos

Post by Freddyomido »

Hi guys! :]
I’ve faced complete problem…

You be acquainted with, I’ve decided to generate a merry video for my largest friend.
We deliver assorted general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a partition recorder on my phone, but it’s so period consuming.

I’m not satisfied with diverse apps for the sake of downloading content directly from social networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found instagram video download best app 2018

It’s useful, works rapid adequately, no additional actions are needed.

But still…
It takes duration to download a intimate numbers of videos. Peradventure someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a secure alternative to this app which works faster? I would be grateful for any advice.
By the way - sorry for my English :)

I’ll give you my feedback a little bit later.
[url=https://boosty.to/socialdigitalblog/posts/f1a0797c-ea65-4c66-8759-6d9f1b730612]instagram reals video download
[/url]
Jamespat

Have a question

Post by Jamespat »

I’ve faced one problem…

You cognizant of, I’ve undisputed to generate a funny video proper for my largest friend.
We be struck by assorted common videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to make a screen recorder on my phone, but it’s so values bright and early consuming.

I’m not satisfied with miscellaneous apps on the side of downloading capacity unswervingly from popular networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download someone's instagram video story

It’s available, works stable adequately, no additional actions are needed.

But still…
It takes time to download a intimate multitude of videos. Possibly someone acclimated t? it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a passable variant to this app which works faster? I would be thankful to any advice.

[url=https://socialdigitalblogger.wordpress.com/2022/06/13/these-are-the-20-most-well-liked-instagram-hashtags/]instagram video download low quality
[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced complete problem…

You be acquainted with, I’ve incontestable to form a funny video proper for my best friend.
We have varied general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to make a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so time consuming.

I’m not satisfied with diverse apps for downloading purport promptly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how do you download a video off instagram

It’s useful, works licentious passably, no additional actions are needed.

But that time…
It takes duration to download a great host of videos. Possibly someone acclimated t? it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a accomplished variant to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative in support of any advice.

I’ll give you my feedback a meagre bit later.
[url=https://socialdigitalblogger.usite.pro/blog/the_last_guide_to_instagram_hashtags_you_39_ll_ever_be_needing/2022-06-13-49]instagram dp video download
[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced one problem…

You be acquainted with, I’ve undisputed to bring into being a funny video due to the fact that my outdo friend.
We deliver many general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a cloak recorder on my phone, but it’s so time consuming.

I’m not satisfied with miscellaneous apps for downloading purport directly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found download igtv video from instagram

It’s available, works rapid adequately, no additional actions are needed.

But that time…
It takes moment to download a great number of videos. Possibly someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a secure option to this app which works faster? I would be thankful to any advice.

I’ll give you my feedback a undersized bit later.
[url=https://socialdigitalblogger.usite.pro/blog/the_last_guide_to_instagram_hashtags_you_39_ll_ever_be_needing/2022-06-13-49]instagram dp video download
[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced an individual problem…

You cognizant of, I’ve incontestable to generate a merry video for my most desirable friend.
We be undergoing many common videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so period consuming.

I’m not satisfied with various apps on the side of downloading components promptly from common networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found instagram download live video replay

It’s useful, works stable enough, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes duration to download a intimate numbers of videos. Peradventure someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a accomplished choice to this app which works faster? I would be grateful in support of any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You know, I’ve incontestable to bring into being a funny video an eye to my largest friend.
We be undergoing varied standard videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to press a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so space consuming.

I’m not satisfied with individual apps for downloading content directly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download a video story from instagram

It’s accessible, works stable passably, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes continuously to download a immense multitude of videos. Peradventure someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you know a passable variant to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative for any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced one problem…

You identify, I’ve decided to generate a eccentric video due to the fact that my most desirable friend.
We be struck by assorted bourgeois videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a cloak recorder on my phone, but it’s so time consuming.

I’m not satisfied with various apps for downloading components soon from social networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found instagram reels video download with music

It’s convenient, works rapid enough, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes moment to download a immense number of videos. Possibly someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a passable option to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative in support of any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You identify, I’ve unswerving to form a merry video an eye to my outdo friend.
We be undergoing varied bourgeois videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to make a screen recorder on my phone, but it’s so time consuming.

I’m not satisfied with diverse apps for the sake of downloading purport unswervingly from popular networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found download video from. instagram

It’s accessible, works stable ample supply, no additional actions are needed.

But that time…
It takes continuously to download a immense host of videos. Possibly someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you know a good choice to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative to any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced one problem…

You cognizant of, I’ve decided to create a jocose video for my most desirable friend.
We deliver many general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so period consuming.

I’m not satisfied with diverse apps for the sake of downloading capacity directly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download instagram live video

It’s accessible, works licentious ample supply, no additional actions are needed.

But nevertheless…
It takes time to download a intimate numbers of videos. Peradventure someone acclimated t? it? How do you like it? Or do you know a accomplished choice to this app which works faster? I would be thankful to any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You be acquainted with, I’ve undisputed to generate a funny video an eye to my outdo friend.
We have multitudinous bourgeois videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a partition recorder on my phone, but it’s so space consuming.

I’m not satisfied with individual apps on the side of downloading components directly from social networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download an instagram video post

It’s convenient, works licentious enough, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes moment to download a intimate number of videos. Peradventure someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a accomplished variant to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative to any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You know, I’ve decided to bring into being a jocose video proper for my outdo friend.
We have assorted bourgeois videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to press a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so period consuming.

I’m not satisfied with various apps for downloading components promptly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found download video instagram tanpa watermark

It’s accessible, works fast ample supply, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes time to download a immense number of videos. Peradventure someone used it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a passable variant to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative in support of any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You identify, I’ve incontestable to form a funny video proper for my best friend.
We be undergoing many general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to make out a sieve recorder on my phone, but it’s so period consuming.

I’m not satisfied with individual apps for downloading capacity soon from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download any private instagram video

It’s convenient, works stable passably, no additional actions are needed.

But nevertheless…
It takes continuously to download a immense numbers of videos. Peradventure someone acclimated t? it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a passable alternative to this app which works faster? I would be grateful to any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

You identify, I’ve incontestable to form a funny video an eye to my largest friend.
We be undergoing assorted standard videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to grow into a cloak recorder on my phone, but it’s so space consuming.

I’m not satisfied with miscellaneous apps for downloading components directly from common networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found cara download video di instagram android

It’s convenient, works stable ample supply, no additional actions are needed.

But that time…
It takes moment to download a exalted numbers of videos. Perchance someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a passable alternative to this app which works faster? I would be thankful to any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced one problem…

You know, I’ve incontestable to generate a jocose video for my largest friend.
We deliver multitudinous general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to make a cloak recorder on my phone, but it’s so values bright and early consuming.

I’m not satisfied with diverse apps on the side of downloading content directly from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found instagram video download with username

It’s convenient, works stable enough, no additional actions are needed.

But that time…
It takes continuously to download a exalted host of videos. Peradventure someone acclimated t? it? How do you like it? Or do you identify a passable choice to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative in support of any advice.

[/url]
Diegosoono
Silent Operator

Have a question

Post by Diegosoono »

I’ve faced one problem…

You know, I’ve undisputed to form a jocose video for my outdo friend.
We be undergoing many general videos but they all are in Instagram or Facebook accounts. I’ve already tried to press a screen recorder on my phone, but it’s so time consuming.

I’m not satisfied with miscellaneous apps for downloading content soon from group networks. Most of them are awful.
I’ve found how to download dubsmash video from instagram

It’s useful, works stable ample supply, no additional actions are needed.

But suppress…
It takes moment to download a exalted numbers of videos. Perchance someone reach-me-down it? How do you like it? Or do you recollect a secure variant to this app which works faster? I would be appreciative in support of any advice.

[/url]