AAC Pilot Suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Texaspete2258

AAC Pilot Suppressor

Post by Texaspete2258 »

I have a 2008 AAC Pilot Suppressor. It is sealed. I can not disassemble same. Can anyone tell me how to clean it? Thanks Pete.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Pilot Suppressor

Post by poikilotrm »

You have two choices. You can submerge it in Simple Green for an hour, then use solvent to clean out the Simple Green, or you can use the dip.

The dip is a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. I use the dip. You have to be careful with the dip, because it can etch metal. Once it has no more lead to attack, it will go after your can. I usually use the dip for 30 minutes, then wash it well using the hose outside, well away from the house, preferably at the curb.

It is a big help if you have a sonic bath/cleaner. It will dislodge a lot of crap. I would go the SG route, if I were you. If you use the dip, make sure you put it in a clear container and observe the chemical activity. I have a cheap glass vase I purchased for just that reason. When the dip stops being vigorous, it is time to change the dip if the can is very dirty, or pull out the can and rinse it.

Always use diposable gloves. I get the ones that go halfway up the arm. Don't cheap out on the gloves. Cheap ones will tear.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.