Can this be repaired?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

R34skyln9

Can this be repaired?

Post by R34skyln9 »

Before I start - I know this isn’t a popular manufacturer for various reasons. And they are out of business and bought by someone else that from what I’ve read - won’t work on these cans.

I bought it used from a “friend” that said it was in working order and finally got my paper work back a few weeks ago. I come to find that the concentricity is slightly off. Which I believe is due to the bottom (side it threads) not being flush with the can itself.

It’s a Templar Tactical Nemesis SBR .223 cal.

Does anyone know someone that could fix this?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can this be repaired?

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Only a SOT 7/02 can legally repair a finished can.
Contact one and learn if they can replace the near endcap with something that works.
If it threads on, should be easy to replace. Otherwise, they will weld it.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by speed6 »

I can't recommend Curtis Tactical enough. They can probably do the repair/rebuild. Link to my earlier review on their rebuild of my TM THIRTY:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158649
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:11 pm Only a SOT 7/02 can legally repair a finished can.
Contact one and learn if they can replace the near endcap with something that works.
If it threads on, should be easy to replace. Otherwise, they will weld it.
Don't have to be an SOT to make repairs, only required to manufacture new parts. A non-SOT cannot make or possess new baffles or caps for a can, but just truing up the register surface isn't manufacturing anything.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

ECCO Machine wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 amDon't have to be an SOT to make repairs, only required to manufacture new parts. A non-SOT cannot make or possess new baffles or caps for a can, but just truing up the register surface isn't manufacturing anything.
Thanks for the clarification. That should save some time by having it done locally. :)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:19 pm Thanks for the clarification. That should save some time by having it done locally. :)
Just remember that if they're not an FFL/SOT, you can't drop it off with them, as it would be illegal for a non-SOT who isn't a registered owner to possess the can in your absence. You will need to be present the entire time.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

Seems like curtis tactical would be the way to go.