Carry Concealed w/ Suppressor Attached

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OldNavyCTT

Carry Concealed w/ Suppressor Attached

Post by OldNavyCTT »

Craft Holsters and I have come up with what I consider the best way to carry concealed with suppressor attached. I have a writeup on the holster design and I have provided pictures for you. I do not know how to attach the word document that contains the writeup and pictures. So, here is my write up:

Craft Holster's Ingenious Answer to, Suppressor Attached, Conceal Carry:

I am sure that there are more sport shooters like myself and professionals who have the desire to carry a concealed sidearm with suppressor attached. The real problem is twofold. First, a holster designed for a pistol with a suppressor attached and, secondly, is how to conceal the pistol and holster. I throw an extra problem into the mix with being left handed. Up until now, this “Genius” in holster design has not been utilized in any holster design where concealed carry with suppressor attached was the real concern. Absolute genius!!! This is the case for all pistols they make their rig for.
Craft Holsters has done the seemingly impossible with a price tag well below $200. I chose the Walther PPKS in .22 LR as my platform to carry a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor. Until now, we suppressor “appreciators” have had little to no support as to how to carry such a delightful and healthy means to quiet down our choice for protection and sport. Craft Holsters listened to this customer where all other holster manufacturers I talked to failed to see the need. The O.D. of the suppressor should be close to the width of the pistol. My Silencerco Sparrow has an O.D. of 1.1 inch. The Walther PPKS 22L.R. slide is .98 inches wide. BE SURE THAT CRAFT HOLSTER KNOWS THAT YOU WANT THE NEW OPTION OF THE EXTENDED SHELL FITTED FOR THE ATTACHED SUPPRESSOR. IF YOU DON'T, THEY WILL SEND THEIR STANDARD LENGTH. The problem I encountered was the suppressor being pushed completely at the muzzle. This caused the suppressor to snag on the stiff holster shell's muzzle opening and slowed down or stopped the drawing of the pistol. The extra length covers the area between pistol and suppressor and covers just a bit of the suppressor's body.
Craft Holsters went out of their way to modify their pivoting shoulder holster. They offer their “Vertical Roto Shoulder Holster W Double Mag Pouch item 71/22” with a longer barrel channel. This allows my Walther PPKS with my Silencerco Sparrow attached to slide into the holster shell, be securely carried, concealed, quickly drawn, and the suppressor does not snag on the holster’s muzzle edges. With the pivot capability not seen in other, more expensive shoulder rigs, Craft Holsters has, quite possibly created the perfect holster for carrying concealed. They include a safety strap to keep the sidearm secured and upright when not employed. The pistol swivel or roto capability comes into play only as the safety strap is unsnapped for drawing. The procedure of releasing this safety strap is to use the trigger finger to release. This becomes lightning fast with practice drawing. The sidearm pivots toward a more horizontal position affording a faster and smoother draw.

My personal choices for suppressors and suitable platforms carried in a Craft Holster include:

• Silencerco’s Sparrow 22 L.R. suppressor and the Walther PPKS .22 L.R. The PPKS comes from the factory suppressor ready with the threaded adapter optional. However, there are many suitable .22 pistols that come suppressor ready from the factory or have aftermarket options to be made suppressor ready. The factory fixed sights on the Walther PPKS are not interfered with by the all stainless steel Sparrow suppressor’s outside diameter.
• DeadAirSilencer’s Odessa-9 with a 1.1 O.D and the Glock 43X 9mm (slide width of 1.1 inch) with factory Ameriglo night sights and the Lasermax green guide rod laser. The Odessa is attached to the 43X via Glock’s Double Diamond 4 inch threaded barrel. The attached Odessa-9 suppressor does not interfere with the factory sights nor the guide rod laser. With Shield Arms flush fitting S15 magazines holding 15 rounds, green guide rod laser, unobstructed factory Ameriglo night sights and always attached Omega-9 suppressor transforms this easily concealed, powerhouse into the “perfect” pistol. Add the Odessa’s interchangeable length feature gives the user all the hearing protection he or she desires. I should mention that the Shield Arms S15 magazines are constructed with steel and the Glock factory polymer needs to be replace with Shield Arms metal mag release.
• It is imperative that you choose a suppressor with an O.D. that is within the ability of leather to stretch around. Both pistol/suppressor combinations mentioned above allow me to carry concealed with suppressor attached wearing an untucked, opened shirt over a color coordinated T-shirt (not bad for a red neck). Your particular pistol/suppressor combination will require a vest or jacket to be of sufficient length to cover the suppressor. I am a 67 year old die hard and I also serve on my church’s safety team. You can appreciate why I am such an advocate for carrying suppressed. Why add to the shock and terror experienced by the innocent when terror strikes. I have never before experienced such versatility in concealed carry. You have to check this out. Craft Holsters offers their holsters to fit most pistols.
Craft Holsters maintains that it's important to reach out to their customer care department in case you are requesting minor changes to your personal rig. You can also include a customer note in the "your note" field when placing the order. I can testify that they mean what they say and they back it up with real results.
You can access Craft Holsters online at: www.craftholsters.com or Call, Craft Holsters at 1 (855) 844-5400 for your personal suppressor attached conceal carry rig, today.
PICTURES: https://www.flickr.com/photos/189868949 ... 7972167433

Feel free to email me at [email protected] before you order. I am tweaking my rig just a bit. I do not receive any compensation from Craft Holsters. This is my contribution to the world of concealed carry with suppressor attached. I am very pleased with this project so far. The pictures are my own customized rig. It really works!!!
Last edited by OldNavyCTT on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.