Bad mounting problem

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chickenlips

Bad mounting problem

Post by chickenlips »

Hey there silencer people, I haven't posted in years. I have a gemtech quicksand 30cal can. The bi-lock mount is terrible. it has never been straight. It has been in the back of the cabinet for nearly 7 years. I sent it back to gemtech a longtime ago to have them check to see if it was straight. bullets rubbed the exit hole from day one. they enlarged the end cap hole said it was as good as it gets and sent the pos back to me. the can rattles around on all 6 $100 mounts I was foolish enough to buy back then and the accuracy is horrific. It works fine sub caliber. Like 270 or 556. I just accepted my loss and shot other cans. The back of this thing unscrews, so in theory a direct thread mount could be made. Gemtech told me to go pound sand........Does anyone know who would be up to the task of making a thread mount for this thing? Or should I just abandon the idea of ever using my $1200 paperweight again? I think the can is itself straight. when they cut the hole for the end of the quickmount its too big and the thing moves during firing. Any thoughts would be great.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bad mounting problem

Post by quiettime »

Check with Curtis Tactical. They are a SOT and very customer service oriented.