Awc titanium 22 lr can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Justme

Awc titanium 22 lr can

Post by Justme »

Hello....im new here, I own a AWC titanium 22 long rifle sealed suppressor.... I would like to start shooting it again... With the exception of the dip! What's the best method for cleaning? I was told I could put lead/carbon remover in a plastic bottle and drop can in for several days? Or any other suggestions that may work? Thanks
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Awc titanium 22 lr can

Post by Historian »

Justme

Post by Justme »

Thanks.... I've seen those suggestions before! Some have tried but no luck! but I'm looking for someone who actually has a method they use and it works for them....
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

A two foot x two inch pvc tube with a tap on the bottom will work for several years in most cases. Fill the tube with a solvent and suspend the suppressor with a coat-hanger in it. Once a day slosh it up and down and the sediment sludge sinks to the bottom. Just drain the sludge layer from time to time then top off the solvent.
Sludge is a wonderful concentration of copper,lead,nitrates,volcanic glass and other yummy things.

I adapted this from the bucket method I used in service. Flip the suppressor from time to time so solvent and agitation will reach every point to clean those K baffles.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Justme

Post by Justme »

Capt....that sound great, but what solvent? Some kind of lead remover? Or what? Something that doesnt damage titanium. Read online hoppes # 9. Hoppes says it wont hurt titanium, but doesnt say anything for long term submerging in bottle. Plus its flammable. Would have to rinse out before use. Im assuming
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

I would check out Brownell for tank solvents that will work on lead.I use Kroil but many others will work including lite turbine oil or a diy ED's Red. You can add a inside eye bolt to hold the coat-hanger to the cap I did not mention to stop evaporation. A drip dry is normally enough ,again flip the suppressor to release the solvent.If you run into problems drop me a line.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895