AAC Evolution .45 owners! Have you ever tried to ???

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Billy Wyrick
Silent Operator

AAC Evolution .45 owners! Have you ever tried to ???

Post by Billy Wyrick »

As I wish to suppress a .45 and a 9mm, but before I go off the deep end and get a 9mm Evolution for my Sig 226-TB first. I just may win the stupid question of the week game, but here goes. If you own a .45 Evolution can. Have you ever tried to get a different piston thread size that will work on a 9mm pistol you have. And then been so bold as to use this combo together. I have fired .22lr through my AAC Avenger can with very good results mounted on my UZI. So small calibers through bigger cailber cans can work. BUT!!!
#1 Did the pistol cycle?
#2 How was the sound reduction?
Yes, AAC I am trying to save the cost of two cans by getting one to serve on two different caliber pistol's. Take a moment as we all listen to the loud BOOOOOOO's-----------. OK, Pop always told me to ask question's as we never learn if we fear getting out the box. A .45 ACP can that has changable thread sizes like the Evo. and works fist of all with the .45's that it is made for and also do yoeman service in 9mm is a great idea. Maybe its over the rainbow. But unless I ask???????????????
Thanks and Regards for reading and not throwing tomatoes!!!
Billy Wyrick
8)
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

Hmm.
The last Evo-45 I heard sounded like s--t. I mean seriously, bring ear plugs. If you've never heard one before, you'll be disapointed.
The last Evo-9 I heard sounded great, I want one.

Get the Evo-9 and be happy. Until I hear AAC's new super .45 can, I'll stand by my statement that .45 ACP sounds like crap when fired dry. Firing wet is out of the question for me, because unless your name is Wayne L Burnham, you are not going to make it look cool.

My hat's off to Wayne.

-T

mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Wayne has lost like 200 lbs since that pic was taken.
Tyris wrote:Hmm.
The last Evo-45 I heard sounded like s--t. I mean seriously, bring ear plugs. If you've never heard one before, you'll be disapointed.

Get the Evo-9 and be happy. Until I hear AAC's new super .45 can, I'll stand by my statement that .45 ACP sounds like crap when fired dry. Firing wet is out of the question for me, because unless your name is Wayne L Burnham, you are not going to make it look cool.

My hat's off to Wayne.

-T

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yes, it would suck to shoot 9mm from a .45 can. If you can only have one suppressed centerfire pistol, get an Evo-9.
Billy Wyrick
Silent Operator

Post by Billy Wyrick »

Thanks for telling me what I already was pretty sure of. I have a AAC Tactical .45 can and it does indeed sound way better wet than dry. I have heard great reports from others, including one local person I trust about the Evo. 9mm. Enough said I will go the 9mm Evolution route.
Thanks
Billy Wyrick
8)
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Proof that Diet Dr Pepper works :)
mpallett wrote:Wayne has lost like 200 lbs since that pic was taken.
Tyris wrote:Hmm.

My hat's off to Wayne.

-T

"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill