SWR acquired by silencerco?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Re: SWR acquired by silencerco?

Post by bikefreek »

Henry dont let them push monocores on you! Some of us prefer the low FRP of the Omega baffles!
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

Rob Garrett wrote:Both companies represent the best in customer service and professional integrity. Silencerco has changed the rules of the game for the suppressor industry by acquiring a successful company while allowing the company to retain its identity and product line. This model has been used to great success by Blackhawk.

I wish Josh and Henry the best in their future ventures.

I also have to wonder what was said in the board rooms and back rooms of other companies in the industry when they learned of this! :shock:

Rob

My guess, AAC has about 47 million reasons not to give a s--t.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

mpallett wrote:I think you will actually see SWR in FastForward.

Awesome! I have been waiting for a Spec War and hopefully they will be out soon.

Good luck to both companies!
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

Rob Garrett wrote: I wish Josh and Henry the best in their future ventures.

I also have to wonder what was said in the board rooms and back rooms of other companies in the industry when they learned of this! :shock:

Rob
+1
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Where is SWR going to be located now....still in SC?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Rob Garrett wrote:Both companies represent the best in customer service and professional integrity. Silencerco has changed the rules of the game for the suppressor industry by acquiring a successful company while allowing the company to retain its identity and product line. This model has been used to great success by Blackhawk.
I hope the new company is successful, but this is hardly a game changer. A small, successful player bought another small, successful player. In any buyout/merger, it is not what the press release says but what the reality is 1/2/3 years later. Time will tell, but I am going to guess competing product lines will be merged into one.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

rockman96 wrote:Where is SWR going to be located now....still in SC?
@ Silencerco. Utah.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

renegade wrote:
I hope the new company is successful, but this is hardly a game changer. A small, successful player bought another small, successful player. In any buyout/merger, it is not what the press release says but what the reality is 1/2/3 years later. Time will tell, but I am going to guess competing product lines will be merged into one.
They are both not so small and sell a ton of cans howevers I also worry about the SWR name disappearing in a few years and all new designs going to Silencerco brand. :(
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

generaldisarray wrote:Will SWR/Silencerco still give permission to F1 builders to make omega baffles?
This. We need to know.
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION
Shift1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shift1 »

I was able to obtain permission several weeks ago to base a design on the omega baffle from SWR. It only took a few minute phone call and an email. I spoke to Henry....he asked a few questions and it was approved.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
"LP"
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Shift1 wrote:I was able to obtain permission several weeks ago to base a design on the omega baffle from SWR. It only took a few minute phone call and an email. I spoke to Henry....he asked a few questions and it was approved.
I wonder if I would be issued permission for that. I've been wanting to build a 9mm/38spl. can with omega baffles for ages, but have been putting it off because I don't know if I'd be allowed. :oops: Maybe I should just try asking.
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

LavaRed wrote:
Shift1 wrote:I was able to obtain permission several weeks ago to base a design on the omega baffle from SWR. It only took a few minute phone call and an email. I spoke to Henry....he asked a few questions and it was approved.
I wonder if I would be issued permission for that. I've been wanting to build a 9mm/38spl. can with omega baffles for ages, but have been putting it off because I don't know if I'd be allowed. :oops: Maybe I should just try asking.
Why would you ask for permission Lava (other than as a courtesy) the Patent will not be a worldwide one but US only.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Trex wrote:
LavaRed wrote:
Why would you ask for permission Lava (other than as a courtesy) the Patent will not be a worldwide one but US only.
I guess I'd feel wrong if I didnt. :oops:
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

No shame in that Lava, SWR seem like good people. I designed and machined an Omega "style" can without permission but feel no guilt as this was done before ever coming across the SWR design (or anything similar) and Silencer Talk Forums. I'm sure SWR would be happy to consent to let you build something in a similar style to an Omega.

Perhaps a PM to them on the Forum here so they know it's Lava.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Trex wrote:
No shame in that Lava, SWR seem like good people. I designed and machined an Omega "style" can without permission but feel no guilt as this was done before ever coming across the SWR design (or anything similar) and Silencer Talk Forums. I'm sure SWR would be happy to consent to let you build something in a similar style to an Omega.

Perhaps a PM to them on the Forum here so they know it's Lava.
Thanks, Good idea! I'll PM them :D