What do you want to see?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

What do you want to see?

Post by 82nd airborne »

As many of you know we are going to release several models of silencers as soon as we get a couple hundred of each built up. I dont want to run into the same problem as I did on the gun side of the business where I have people waiting forever on their products. Too much stress having a few hundred people waiting on something, especially when I know how hard it is to wait on gun related stuff. So, after we get large quantities built up, we will advertise so that the cans can ship immediatly. It wont slow down gun/barrel production as we are getting new machines and people to do the silencer production, and are working on aquiring more things to speed up barrel production. We have always made our barrels from raw blanks, but our blank manufacturer is going to pre-contour enough barrels to fill every order we have, plus alot of extras. This will save us 20 some odd minutes per barrel on average. They are due in, in the next 6 weeks. In the meantime, we are still pumping them out.

Anyway, this was supposed to be about silencers. Some things we will be offering as production items are integrals of several varieties plus:
.22 cans, SS and aluminum, QD and direct thread on, just because no one really makes QD .22 cans.
9mm and .45
.223 cans ranging from mini's to full size, thread on and QD
.30 cans, our main focus. QD and thread on. User serviceable and fully welded, all will be SS, maybe titanium in the future. We have developed a rock solid qd mount that is accurate, repeatable and I'll be willing to bet its one of the most solid mounts on the market. It cannot back off. We will have .30 cans ranging from 5.5" ,8", and 10" , all with the option of qd or thread on, user servicable or welded. We will even have a subsonic only aluminum can for the BLK.
It looks like our .30 cans will range from $500-$700 retail, and yes QD's will include one mount, brake or FH.

.338 and .50 cans coming also, as well as a lightweight, smaller .50 can for our .50 hushpuppy.

Now, my question to you all is, what do you want to see us make that is not commonly available in the industry? We will take all legitimate ideas seriously

We are also going to be getting a couple people to anwer the phone as soon as we find people knowledgeable enough. Im doing this because I spend 4000+ minutes a month on the phone with customers and Im starting to mis 30-40 plus calls a day, which is unacceptable. I pride myself on talking with my customers, so we are going to make this happen, dont worry, we wont hire someone that doesnt know anything about our products.

Let me know what you want to see!
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: What do you want to see?

Post by JohnInNH »

A scaled up SS Sparrow/Mystic hybrid that can handle a 45-70

The Mystic can handle up to full power 300 BLK, 357 MAG etc.. I shoot cast bullets, 250 gr at 1050 FPS and the Mystic is super but could use the clam shell for easier disassembly. It is flexible and I can slap on a booster and use it on my Sig P-226 as well as my T/C in 357 MAX, or a 300 BLK upper if I get one.

I envision a 45 cal version of the Mystic that I could shoot 535 gr 45-70 bullies at 1050 fps.. but it really needs the clam shell added to it. I have nearly shot my mystic shut even when taking it apart often. If it had a clam shell it would be perfect. Also heavy bullets from 44 and 45 caliber rifles.

Sooooo for use on a 44 spl, 44 Mag, 45 colt, 47-70 subsonic, and 45 ACP we do not have a silencer yet like the mystic for the .452 bore. For heavy bullets in the previous offerings a heavy duty 45 cast bullet friendly silencer is needed.

As far as I know there is nothing there yet. It would also work with any <45 cal rifle bullet if kept under 1100 FPS Like a 458 win, 444 Marlin, 416's etc.

I think there is a real niche for this silencer.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

the Mystic is super but could use the clam shell for easier disassembly. It is flexible and I can slap on a booster
This in .45 would be perfect!
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I'd like a large volume take-apart 22 can. Spikes was working on one i think but I don't remember much about it. 7"x1.5-1.75" diameter.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Max sound suppresion being the main priority of both the above cans I assume, followed by cleanability, versatility, size, weight, material, in what order?
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

JohnnyC wrote:I'd like a large volume take-apart 22 can. Spikes was working on one i think but I don't remember much about it. 7"x1.5-1.75" diameter.
Ive always wondered why that wasnt done sooner. If its aluminum, or thin ss, the weight would not be a burden at all, or even noticeable on a rifle, sbr, or larger pistol, but the sound, or lack there of would be pretty noticable. I am doing a 9mm sized can for an MP5 clone in .22lr, just to make it look authintic, but it should also have some awesome sound suppression! Thats one Im excited about.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

82nd airborne wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:I'd like a large volume take-apart 22 can. Spikes was working on one i think but I don't remember much about it. 7"x1.5-1.75" diameter.
Ive always wondered why that wasnt done sooner. If its aluminum, or thin ss, the weight would not be a burden at all, or even noticeable on a rifle, sbr, or larger pistol, but the sound, or lack there of would be pretty noticable. I am doing a 9mm sized can for an MP5 clone in .22lr, just to make it look authintic, but it should also have some awesome sound suppression! Thats one Im excited about.
I like to see a "retro" take apart with thin SS so it can drop in a sonic cleaner for no fuss cleaning. It will have volume yet still see the sights. :D

Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

I don't know if my opinion counts much, seeing as I'm merely a spectator. But:

Welrod

Vietnam "Hushpuppy" can

Maybe a US version of my designs :P (I'd be more than happy to supply prints).

I'd be happy to supply pics/prints of my captive piston design too. :oops:
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION
Dragracer_Art

Post by Dragracer_Art »

I'd like to see a large volume, low recoil .50BMG can that is priced within reach of the average buyer.

Looking at some of the .50 cans out there... I just don't see how they can be effective with only a 2~2-1/2" tube. Some are not much larger than a .30 can.

I really think they could be more effective if they were 4-6" diameter and 18"+ long.

Maybe I'll fire up the old beater lathe in my shop and get cutting on some old truck axle tubes. :lol:
07FFL/02SOT
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Dragracer_Art wrote:I'd like to see a large volume, low recoil .50BMG can that is priced within reach of the average buyer.

Looking at some of the .50 cans out there... I just don't see how they can be effective with only a 2~2-1/2" tube. Some are not much larger than a .30 can.

I really think they could be more effective if they were 4-6" diameter and 18"+ long.

Maybe I'll fire up the old beater lathe in my shop and get cutting on some old truck axle tubes. :lol:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Sounding like a broken record from another post:

A long K-baffled .22 'Artillery Luger' barrel length can as in
the commendably unque design found on Youtube.

<< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GbjXvH7xJA >>
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

Like a Liberty Constitution?
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I'm definitely interested to hear more about your QD mount. I live in an AWB state and treaded barrels count as an 'evil feature' but 3-lug or Bi-Lock doesn't. Can't wat to see what you'll have available.

I agree with Lava Red that a modern WelRod is missing from the market, but I don't know that there are really enough buyers to make it worth while. I'd love to see it, but that doesn't mean it makes sense for your business to build it. Maybe something in a repeating, integrally suppressed sidearm would be worth while. Something like the one the Chinese made or the Russian Makarov looking beast. That's an ambitious design project (ground up gun/silencer combo) but I do think that if someone offered a holsterable quiet sidearm it would be well received. That's a little 'out there' but worth considering.

Back to the here and now, I'm just excited to look at possabilities that may get me a 300BLK PDW/ SBR with a can, but still have all that without breaking the allowable 'evil feature' count.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

82nd airborne wrote:Max sound suppresion being the main priority of both the above cans I assume, followed by cleanability, versatility, size, weight, material, in what order?

Ti Tube, SS core + Ti clamshells Or Ti Tube, Ti core with a SS blast baffle insert & TI Clamshells

Take Daves Infinity but add Ti Clamshells like the SS Sparrow.

Design may have to bump up the OD from 1.38 to .140 as to not loose to much internal volume. Strength is important.

Just putzing around for a 45-70 I get about 3,065 to 3,375 psi & powder volume about 14-25 gr for a 535 gr bullet in a 14" barrel .... but in a 10" barrel 5,000 psi 24 gr IMR 4227 for 1048 FPS (looks like a nice load)

MP= 1655 psi for a 45 long colt. 300 gr bullet 14" barrel .. 2,355 psi in a 10" , 3,955 in a 6" barrel powder = 13 gr

MP= 2973 psi for a 45ACP 5" barrel powder = 6 gr

I like the idea of a 10" barrel shooing a 535 gr bullet at 1050 fps. A Silencer would REALLY help with muzzle blast and recoil.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

I could be wrong but seem to recall that Silencerco Patented the clamshell aspect of their design in which case if 82ndAirborne wanted to use that aspect of the design they would have to license it from the originator?
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Trex wrote:I could be wrong but seem to recall that Silencerco Patented the clamshell aspect of their design in which case if 82ndAirborne wanted to use that aspect of the design they would have to license it from the originator?
You are correct, I'd have to figure something else out there.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
gtjake

Post by gtjake »

Long time lurker here Aaron and a big fan of your stuff. I'm personally waiting to see the 7'' 300BLK PDW. And the short QD 308 can thrown on there for good measure.
agBQ08
Silent Operator

Post by agBQ08 »

+1 to gtjake on the short barrels and short QD cans.

I've only bought a barrel from you so far but it looks like I won't be able to resist your cans as well as a short AR barrel so I'll share what I am looking for.

My philosophy is minimalist; I need simple and rock-solid. High durability and a minimum of parts to reduce probabilities of breakage. Your QD mount sounds mighty fine and I can't wait to see what y'all have come up with.

For rifle cans (I'll be shooting 300 BLK subs and supers and maybe some 223), clean-ability makes no difference, durability is key, price is very important, QD a must in both flashhider and brake flavors, length and weight will be tie-breakers. I'm really looking forward to putting a 5.5" can on a 9" 300 BLK barrel if the price is right!

For pistol cans (looking for a 45 can for 45 ACP and 9 mm), clean-ability is nice, durability is key, price is very important, ease of changing pistons plays a role, with length and weight again serving as tie-breakers.

In the end I don't need exotic materials, fancy lettering, outlandish design, a bunch of moving parts to break, or a piece of art. I want a solid product that is easily interchangeable between the major calibers for rifle (308 Win, 300 BLK, and 223 to my mind) and pistol (9 mm and 45 ACP for my purposes) hosts respectively with a reasonable price tag. Hope I'm not expecting too much. Of course if you put out a can specifically for 338 Spectre I may get a wild hair and build one of those bad boys. :twisted:
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

82nd airborne wrote: Now, my question to you all is, what do you want to see us make that is not commonly available in the industry? We will take all legitimate ideas seriously
A can with a generous bore threaded to fit the 24mm AK FSB. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

There are lots of guys with AKs out there that want to tame them a little, and they know they aren't going to get hollywood quiet.
FL_Tactical

Post by FL_Tactical »

A can for the 458 SOCOM would be nice :mrgreen:
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

A 50 cal. for my 50-70-750 that can also be used on the 45-70, 454, 458, 44 subs. Why did you have to come up with this? Feeling sort of comfortable with what I had! Now I have to work more overtime....take apart, quiet, durable, can put up with a little extra wt for the other 3. Can they be ready by the first of sept.? :lol: Can a take apart reflex type be made?
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I tryed my QSM .308 on a .22 rifle with subs and it was fantastic quiet.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

82nd airborne wrote:
If you need a beta tester....!!! Just sayin'

Srt-4_uk, a ~$600 silencer is not what I'm looking for. I would like a dedicated .22 can, not necessarily one that needs to be built to withstand full power 5.56. I think this could be made well and still be less than half a grand. If Liberty would do their Constitution in a dedicated .22 can and less money I'd buy one.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I`m talkin with bender and we`ll see.....
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

JohnnyC wrote: Srt-4_uk, a ~$600 silencer is not what I'm looking for. I would like a dedicated .22 can, not necessarily one that needs to be built to withstand full power 5.56. I think this could be made well and still be less than half a grand. If Liberty would do their Constitution in a dedicated .22 can and less money I'd buy one.
I get you. You want something like the Thompson CHD?