I had a Dream...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

1mile50
Silent Operator

I had a Dream...

Post by 1mile50 »

Well, really it was an idea. I've been interested in cans since I was a kid. Probably it started because I thought it was cool when James Bond would use them.
Some years ago I thought of a silencer design and was thinking it would be the best thing since sliced bread. Looked into it and found out I had been beaten to it!
My concept was very close to the Reflex design. These seem to be more of a European type suppressor. Are they available in the States? How effective are they?
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: I had a Dream...

Post by Emilio »

I have acid reflex. :o
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
1mile50
Silent Operator

Post by 1mile50 »

I will keep looking for the Finnish add I saw a while back. A picture of little girl is captioned, "My Daddy is a Gentleman, he only shoots using a ___________ suppressor." It is an ad for a Reflex. C link below for some detail.

http://www.soundmoderators.co.uk/
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

The reflex is not a bad sounding can, pretty effective especially in it's day, pricewise they were good value and light wieght which always helps, but times have moved on and informed purchasers generally go with other products these days IMO.

The one issue that people seem to comment on is that they are prone to internal corrosion.