Scope for my 22-250

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

robertstevens

Scope for my 22-250

Post by robertstevens »

Looking to replace my 3-9 on my 250. I am a huge fan of vortex as I run **** near all vortex on all my guns, with a couple leupolds and a Nikon thrown in there too.

I am looking into a scope with a 16-18x max magnification. Wanting to branch out and try a new brand, just looking for some feedback on brands you veteran shooter enjoy. Been finding good deals on Athlon and Redfield. But, what brand glass do you all like using? Like to keep price under $500.

**I know some will say you can’t beat Nikon/Leupold/Vortex. I understand that, and I have non problem running one of those brands again. Just lookin for insight on different brands.**
Robert Stevens
GrendelHunter

Re: Scope for my 22-250

Post by GrendelHunter »

ARKEN Optics for sure check them out.

They have 4-14 / 4-16 / 6-24 models available all under $500 FFP scope good reticle, grate turrets, warranty, and features.

I have the 4-14x44 on my 6mm ARC and am loving it a lot. All the ex-military guys I show it to are impressed, same thing with the cops and long time shooters. Almost every one of them guesses the price to be north of $1,000. I just laugh and say $500 with the base.
Life is full of moments all you can do is role with it and plan for the best!

2 children home - AAC 762-sdn-6 and Gemtech GMT-300-blk
1 can in jail :roll: - 22cal Something
mbogo300

Post by mbogo300 »

Don't buy any optics made in the PRC. Ever. Besides being Communists, they produce shoddy optics.

Without exception that I've seen, the lenses show one or more of: distortion at the edges, pin-cushioning, are blurry, or do not transmit light well.
They adjustments do not track true and are not repeatable. Parallax and poor eye relief are also common.

If the manufacturer does not clearly state where they are made on their web site or in advertisements, they are likely made in the PRC.

Stick with Nightforce, Leupold, U.S. Optics, Schmidt & BenderNikon Monarch, Zeiss, Swarovski, and Kahles. I hear very good things about the SWFA optics from a discriminating long-range shooting buddy.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
GrendelHunter

Post by GrendelHunter »

Arken is a veteran owned U.S.A. made scope. They believe firmly in using U.S.A. products and support and keeping money inside our border. Not overseas.

Oh and yes to what he said.
Life is full of moments all you can do is role with it and plan for the best!

2 children home - AAC 762-sdn-6 and Gemtech GMT-300-blk
1 can in jail :roll: - 22cal Something
DGrunt

Post by DGrunt »

Anything but a Nikon. They say they warranty items. Try it sometime. Sent them a Rangefinder I got less than two years ago, and they stated it was out of warranty. They never even checked to see the problem but said $217 to repair it.
mbogo300

Post by mbogo300 »

They assemble the scopes here using parts sourced here and overseas.

There is some information over on Sniper's hide forums.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen: