Best suppressor for 6.5 creedmoor

Post your experiences here.

Moderators:mpallett, bakerjw

mj30wilson
Best suppressor for 6.5 creedmoor

Post by mj30wilson » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:10 am

Looking for best suppressor for a 6.5 creedmoor used mostly for hunting. Heard knights suppressors are tough are they quiet?
I'm a reasonable guy most of the time but i must insist factory rifles now come with 1/8 m.o.a guarantee to support my fly wing shooting pastime.

Matt in TN
Silent Operator

Re: Best suppressor for 6.5 creedmoor

Post by Matt in TN » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:26 pm

What do you mean by "best"? Quietest? Lightest? Most rugged and can take sustained full auto? Smallest? Must have quick attach or ratchet lock? No backpressure? On a bolt gun or semi-auto? Without answering these, your question is like asking "what kind of car is best?"

You can not have all of these things in one can. One of these things is easy. Two of these things combined isn't too hard/expensive. The more you want the harder/more expensive it gets -

Sgt.Mike

Re: Best suppressor for 6.5 creedmoor

Post by Sgt.Mike » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:30 am

LOL :D
true Matt .... very true... is this Creedmopr gas or bolt?

On my bolt action Remington 700 PCR in that caliber i'm using a Silencerco omega 300. Is it the quiestest? maybe... maybe not. but it is good across my platform of varying calibers except those larger than a .30 caliber bore.
The POI shift is very small (your mileage will vary).
Down range noise is within my desires, there are quieter cans at the shooters ear. but unless you are shooting your loads subsonic your will ALWAYS have that supersonic crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier.

There are a lot of quality Cans available . others will kick in with their preferances and will use many differing reasons why theirs is best in their opinion.
it's all about expectations and managing those expectations.
Don't push a man to violence when violence is what he has dedicated his life to perfecting. Many walk this earth as silent killers. Careful who you try to victimize. They may welcome the chaos.