Is Yankee Hill a good suppressor?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

fiatcrew

Is Yankee Hill a good suppressor?

Post by fiatcrew »

I was looking at a White trash silencer with a 71/2 inch can, then I saw the YHM Resonator K sold buy the silencer shop. The first would be titanium with 10 cones, and I would have t assemble it. Is there any opinion as to which would be the better unit, the cost is comparable. I would run it from a 6.5 Swede to a 300 win mag.
Nick
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Is Yankee Hill a good suppressor?

Post by quiettime »

Sorry, I thought I responded. YHM are pretty good for the money. They've always had decent performance but been traditionally very heavy and not had the best mounting system (relied on spring tension which is not the most consistent). I believe the Resonator series is a lot more light weight than previous YHM cans and they also have the new industry standard threads so you can change to a better mounting system such as the Dead Air Keymo.

Keep in mind "K" cans sacrifice some suppression for shorter length and lighter weight. Its all about what's important to you.

I dont recommend any cans from lesser-known manufacturers because this is an investment and you want to be sure your mfg will be around. I dont recommend any of the form 1 "kits" out there either and atf is really starting to hassle people over them