Silencerco Hybrid

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

The Macf

Silencerco Hybrid

Post by The Macf »

Hello all,

Just got my Hybrid finally. I bought this can buying into the "one can to rule them all" philosophy, but I am having issues with all of my pistols. I have a S&W M&P VTAC 9mm with a factory threaded S&W barrel. It has at least 1500 rounds though it and about 3000 rounds on the gun. I also have a Kimber TLE II RL/TFS with a factory Kimber threaded barrel and about 500 rounds down the pipe. All factory internals on both guns. I've tried two different hybrids now, my buddy and I have consecutive numbers, and with both cans, I could not get any round to cycle.

9mm:
Freedom Munitions 115 RN reload
LAX Ammo 115 RN reload
Wolf steel case 115 RN
Fiocchi 115 RN
American Eagle 124 RN
Magtech 147 subsonic
Winchester 115 RN
Winchester 124 RN
Winchester 147 HP

45:
Freedom Munitions 200 RN reload
Fiocchi 230 FMJ
Winchester 230 FMJ
American Eagle 230 FMJ

So all rounds went bang, but every one failed to cycle/eject. Any ideas/suggestions?

*Edit: With the ASR mounts, my 16" Spikes 5.56 and RPR .308 cycle just fine.
The Macf

Re: Silencerco Hybrid

Post by The Macf »

Update today:

Cleaned both guns and lubicated the suppressor spring and pistons with white lithium grease. Shot double the rounds as yesterday, same brands/types, still nothing. Very frustrated with this process.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

You're using a recoil booster / LID / neilsen device, right?
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
The Macf

Post by The Macf »

Yes. The silencerco ones for each specific caliber.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I've got to ask...

How firm is your grip on the weapon?

The only thing I can think of is the slide might fail to cycle if you're not firm enough?

Only other thought is there's something wrong with your piston/spring.

Jeff
The Macf

Post by The Macf »

User error. Had the piston on the wrong side of the housing. Fixed that and the can ran flawlessly. Ate all the ammo including the freedom reloads. Love this thing now!
CapnMorgan

Post by CapnMorgan »

I have a hybrid in jail, can you give some details? do you have other cans to compare it to? Anything you don't like about it?
I bought mine to use on a 9mm ar, 300blk, and a swd m11 smg. Also considering a ruger American in 450 bushmaster.
The Macf

Post by The Macf »

CapnMorgan wrote:I have a hybrid in jail, can you give some details? do you have other cans to compare it to? Anything you don't like about it?
I bought mine to use on a 9mm ar, 300blk, and a swd m11 smg. Also considering a ruger American in 450 bushmaster.
The only other one I have is a warlock for my 22's. I can't compare. My buddy has a hybrid as well. It's tall. Really tall. The vtac sights don't even clear on the M&P and the suppressor height sights on the kimber just reach the top of the can.
rb288

Post by rb288 »

CapnMorgan wrote:I have a hybrid in jail, can you give some details? do you have other cans to compare it to? Anything you don't like about it?
I have 2 hybrids and have used them on the following...
9mm CZ p07, fnx 45, glock 21, 2 300blk bolt actions, 1 300blk sbr, and a Ruger 450bushmaster bolt action.
All function flawlessly, and are very good at sound reduction.
Specwar 762
Specwar 556
2 Hybrids
Omega
Obsidian 45

18" Keltec RFB
8.25" 300blk sbr
10.5" 5.56 sbr
10.5" 6.5 g sbr
bolt actions in 223, 556, 6.5 c, 300blk, 308, 8x57, 450bm
KVoimakas

Post by KVoimakas »

I'm awaiting mine (it's in jail) and I just bought the pistol piston pack. Now the question is: what 1911 host has sights that actually clear the top of the can? Or are at least level with it.

It'll still be fun to throw on the 300 Blackout pistol and the .30-06 but I was really hoping to make it part of my 1911 nightstand gun (whichever one I'd end up getting).
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

KVoimakas wrote:Now the question is: what 1911 host has sights that actually clear the top of the can? Or are at least level with it.
I have Hybrid, also several other pistol cans. Best sight I've found for the hybrid is a mini dot slide mounted, I have a Sig 220 with leupold deltapoint, a Chrimson trace laser grip or a streamlight TLR-2. For a bed side option, the laser light combo is hard to beat.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

KVoimakas wrote:I'm awaiting mine (it's in jail) and I just bought the pistol piston pack. Now the question is: what 1911 host has sights that actually clear the top of the can? Or are at least level with it.

It'll still be fun to throw on the 300 Blackout pistol and the .30-06 but I was really hoping to make it part of my 1911 nightstand gun (whichever one I'd end up getting).
For high pistol sights try Dawson Precision on the web at dawsonprecision.com They make probably the greatest selection of high front and rear sights in plain steel or with tritium inserts. Mine are very right at night, helps you find your nightstand gun in the dark too. Also XS sights at xssights.com makes some high sights. My favorite sights are Tru-glow's TFO, TFX and TFX-Pro sights but other than Glock they don't make any other raised sights yet. They have fiber optics with a tritium vial behind them so you pretty much have visible sights except for the period between day and very dark.. but I like then so much I have them on my two carry guns.
Good luck!
George from Alaska
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

KVoimakas wrote:I'm awaiting mine (it's in jail) and I just bought the pistol piston pack. Now the question is: what 1911 host has sights that actually clear the top of the can? Or are at least level with it.

You can buy some awfully tall front and rear aftermarket sights, plain and tritium models are available from Dawson sights at dawsonprecision.com
George from Alaska
KVoimakas

Post by KVoimakas »

Apologies for necroing this thread but I figured I'd throw this in here so anyone searching can see which way I went in the end.

Dan Wesson Discretion.

And now I'm on to Battlecloth!
Schultz

Post by Schultz »

Have a new hybrid myself. Never tried it on a pistol. Will need Neilsons first. Shot an Osprey on a blackout and a Sig P220. All more fun than the usual. For the same reasons I prefer the 45 colt over the 44 mag. The buck and snort is tamed. More fun for all. Be Well Brothers, Schultz.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Got my first and only can. A 46m tried it on several guns including a few 9mm dagger handguns. Dang is it heavy really makes me wanna buy a pistol only can.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns