Gemtech mist

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Senior Silent Operator

Gemtech mist

Post by 748 »

I got the gemtech mist for my 10/22 takedown, with out the barrel port.
It is very quiet, not really any frp to speak of. The bolt moving is louder than firing.
Accuracy isn't that great.
It's big so cleaning is kind of a pain.
I not sure if I didn't set the TD portion up correctly or what. I'm used to any rimfire rifle being able to eat the 10 ring out of a pistol target at 25 yards easy.
This thing is barely staying in the black at 25 yards, not much difference in subsonic or super sonic ammo for accuracy.

I say unless you need a movie quiet gun that can fit in a backpack, just screw a can that costs half as much on the end of a regular 10/22 that is a lot cheaper than a TD.

From start to finish it looked like this:
Buy 10/22TD -$650
Sell the rebar with a hole through it of a barrel +$200
Sell the Ruger case +70
Buy gemtech mist -$600
Tax stamp, passport pics -$220
Leopold scope and some rings -$300

As far as quietness it exceeded all expectations.
Function, it run great, gets dirtier faster as expected.
Ammo, it seems like the cleaner ammo is least accurate, real dirty expensive stuff like lead eily subs were better but leads the silencer up real bad.
Accuracy sucks. Maybe I can fix it, different ammo, perfect the preload between the barrel and the receiver.
Since its only got 10 inchest of barrel the accuracy of an open sight 10/22 would be acceptable. I might try swapping in a different bolt, ect.
So much has changed since my last form 1
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Re: Gemtech mist

Post by jimbo45 »

my brother has a mist and doesn't have any issues accuracy wise. Its not a takedown though.
buralbd

Post by buralbd »

Don't know about the suppressor but my Ruger Take down is not very accurate with anything. Was going to send it back to Ruger and then decided against it. Minute of rabbit or squirrel is probably good enough for that rifle.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

buralbd wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:41 am Don't know about the suppressor but my Ruger Take down is not very accurate with anything. Was going to send it back to Ruger and then decided against it. Minute of rabbit or squirrel is probably good enough for that rifle.
I would buy a slingshot over that accuracy........send it back.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 748 »

I relocated the scope mount to the barrel and it seems to have helped. Need to put it on paper and see for real.
So much has changed since my last form 1