CGS Siren .22

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

CGS Siren .22

Post by quiettime »

Just picked it up this weekend. The can is a work of art. It is absolutely stunning to look at. It is also incredibly light. Lighter than my Warlock II, but not noticeably so. The baffles key together which is a really nice touch to keep everything lined up and ensure consistent performance.

To my ears, on Ruger Mk III with CCI std, the Dead Air Mask still beats it, ever so slightly, for FRP and just a tiny bit on the subsequent shots. Maybe. They are incredibly close. It is important to remember the Mask is pretty much the gold-standard for rimfire cans right now.

On 16" AR .22 shooting the Norma 40 gr subs, they are neck and neck I would say. Very hard to discern a difference over the action noise.

I am told CGS has halted production of these due to not being able to get the Smacwrap which is the vibration-deadening material woven into the carbon fiber that makes up the tube. I am also told they are working on a suitable replacement.

If you love .22 cans like me, and you love a beautiful example of craftsmanship and great engineering, and you get a chance to pick one of these up, dont hesitate.