Can someone recommend a barrel and silencer

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

LonnieL

Can someone recommend a barrel and silencer

Post by LonnieL »

Hi
I'm looking for choices for barrel and silencer. It doesn't need to be top of the line just good quality for minimal usage. I have a Springfield XD9 4.5 and a Ruger 380 ACP which I'm not sure can be converted.
Thx in advance Lonnie
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can someone recommend a barrel and silencer

Post by quiettime »

Some of the best performing cans with the best warranty are very competitively priced. One or two hundred dollars more than some of the cheapest cans will get you a Rugged Obsidian or a CGS Mod9. Both these companies are going to be around for a while to honor their warranty. Cannot say the same for the el cheapos. We have already seen two or three of those type companies disappear, and customer service was abysmal when they were still around.

As for a barrel, you should be able to get a factory barrel for that. Silencerco also makes barrels for many popular pistols and they are decent. I'd still go factory barrel. You didn't say which. 380 you have but I dont think there are any options out there other than having them modified by a company like Tornado Technologies. If it is an LCP, you may also have reliability issues with a can on a pistol that small.