Saiga Shotguns ATF about to rule "no sporting purpose"

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Re: Saiga Shotguns ATF about to rule "no sporting purpose"

Post by saltydecimator »

hey hedon, dont forget the part about moo h head being a thief!!!

and as far as the saigas go, i have my 3, previous to bs prices, now we just sit and wait. over on the saiga 12 forum, someone said that tthey contacted the nra about it, and they said they wanted the atf to rule in their favor(atf ban) and then the nra would sue and then overturn 68 and 86 and some other gay import bans (barrels, parts kits?)

someone more dilignet than me needs to double check that, i have to work in like 5 hours, so sorry!!!!
its quiet time!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

hedonistic wrote:Bottom line if it where US made it would look like an AK the reason it is "sporterized" is so that it can be imported. Make it in the US with QUALITY CONTROL and at least average materials and yes $800.00 they will still fly off the shelf. I am still waiting for my Kushnapup stock. As much as I hate to admit it I must have the KSG when it comes out.
Yeah, that's fair. QA, QC, and their idea of Lean are terrible. They've made the gun worse as they went along to save a penny. They started after the price had already doubled.
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

silencertalk wrote:
ROFuher wrote:Shotguns are absolutely suitable as home defensive weapons.?
Who would not agree a tactical light in the home is not a good idea if the owner wants one.?
Can the government limit us to US shotguns in the home?
Skeet, trap, and rabbit hunting are what we are allowed to have imported shotguns for. Home defense is not a legitimate use for a rifle or shotgun according to the ATF and plays no role in sporting purpose determination.

Someone needs to sue and end the sporting purpose concept.
Or add collecting into a sport.
DoctorWho

Post by DoctorWho »

Since nobody has clearly defined "Sporting Purpose" it cannot be used to deny importation or manufacture of a certain type of firearm.

Shooting at tin cans, or hunting, or must it be organized events or shooting competition ?

BATFE is charged with firearms regulations, not determining what is or is not the sporting use of firearms or suitability thereof.

That is as bad as when short barreled handguns had no sporting purpose.