subsonic powders

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

John A.
Silent But Deadly

subsonic powders

Post by John A. »

Good semiauto subsonic powders.

I've worked up a couple of loads for the 9x39 Russian using N310 (doesn't build enough pressure to cycle but velocity was decent just turns it into a bolt gun).

Titegroup is working well with 8.2 gr over the 270 gr bullet.

Thinking of maybe trying some clays or bullseye but have never tried to use them for sub loads. I've only used the clays in shotguns.

I'm just wondering if you guys have a preferred sub load powder for semi auto's. Trying to keep things clean and quiet and am open to suggestions.
I don't care what your chart says
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Re: subsonic powders

Post by #40Fan »

I was about to ask if Enforcer was going to be to fast of a powder, then I looked at the burn rate chart. Everything you're using is at the top of the list! I know you said you've used it before, so that is where I'd go.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: subsonic powders

Post by John A. »

Thanks for the reply.

I have some enforcer. Used it and #9 a lot on the 300 blk. I'm still thinking of trying some just to see how it does. Several guys saying lil' gun is good for the 9x39, but looking at the pressure levels, it has a lot of excess muzzle pressures, which usually translates to a lot of noise.
I don't care what your chart says