What's your SHTF rifle and/or pistol?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

medic52

Post by medic52 »

Live in the country, would hope to get to my place and stay. I have food, water (30 days worth) for 10 people, generator and fuel, guns (38) ammo 25,000 rds, assorted fishing suppplies.... family members come to this location in an emergency and then we will defend. Basically only one way in to property by ground.....we are working on additional water source and storage for additional fuel. ever year we rotate seeds, all kinds of produce and plants..keep adding stuff all the time....
flight954
Senior Silent Operator

Post by flight954 »

(Pistol and carbine on one) Glock G22 with my Mech-Tech carbine upper and lots of 40S&W ammo.
OldPaladin

Re: What's your SHTF rifle and/or pistol?

Post by OldPaladin »

If only one of each?

LMT MRP Upper/Armalite lower w/2 stage NM trigger and Magpul sniper stock/Enidine Buffer, 5.56/6.8SPC barrels in SS, FA BCG, mags to match each caliber, Leupold tactical midrange TMR illuminated scope, Harris Bipod, assorted lights/accessories, ATN Mk440.

CZ550 .308 Varmint Kevlar, w/10rd magazines, Gemtech HVT, 6-30X50 Bushnell 6500 Elite with Mildot, Harris Bipod, 208gr AMax Hornadys atop Varget, velocity at 1km, still supersonic...

Glock 21SF, Gemtech boosted Blackside, 13rd magazines, factory tritium night sights, and Insight Technologies M6X laser/light combo- or Beretta M9A1/M6X/beaucoup Mec-Gar 18+2 AFC mags.

Remington 870 Tac Desert Recon, Blackhawk Knoxx stock, Trijicon TX30 Tripower, Remington TAC8 buckshot, and Qwik-Shok segmented slugs

Ruger Charger 10/22, Bushnell 3-8X40 Banner Dawn to Dusk illuminated scope, Harris Bipod(NOT Ruger issue), Volquartsen TG2000, and beaucoup factory 10rd mags loaded with .22LR Match ammo...

Now all I need, is a pack mule to carry said weapons and ammo... :roll:

OldPaladin, out...
Μολὼν λαβέ (Come and take it!) -King Leonidas of Sparta, to the Emperor Xerxes of Persia.

TANSTAAFL

"An armed society, is a polite society." -Robert Anson Heinlein, American Patriot
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Re:

Post by FSCJedi »

boatbiologist wrote:Say I need to leave home a good distance for health reasons like a nuke goes off in DC. I would probably go with the PS90 and FiveseveN combo. Gripe all you want about the effectiveness of 5.7x28 ammo but 400 rounds weighs next to nothing and carries easily in loaded mags. Both guns are very light, run clean and compact. Both useful tools to get me 200 miles to Appalachian safety where the pop density is low enough to be polite in crisis.

All my other choices are much more cumbersome. I don't see myself carrying 7.62 battle packs much further than from the house to the truck. Same goes for 5.56 battle packs.

Of course, once I have used up all the 5.7 ammo I have, I will probably won't be able to resupply. Then the joke is on me and I will be looking for an AR, mini14, FAL, M1A, CETME or some other rifle in a popluar caliber that should have made it into the back of my truck before I bugged out.
+1.

I love my PS-90/Five-seveN combo. The PS-90 has an EO-Tech sight and a Surefire on the side, and the Five-seveN has factory night sights and threaded barrel (for my Spectre). Plus I've got several thousand rounds of the SS-197 (my preferred factory-available round), so I think I can make it though any period of SHTF (dirty bomb, civil unrest, natural disaster, etc...) without running dry. I'm confident that the 5.7x28mm round will perform just fine, and the PDW status would help (theoretically) in court in the event of needing to use it for defense. It's not an "assault" weapon, it's a "personal defense" weapon, intended for removing ones self from harms way and retreating back to a more secured position (where my FAL will be waiting).
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Well, it's been a while since I posted in this thread, but now I've got a G34 and these for SHTF:

SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

That is one badass battle ax!!!!!
Could you hook me up?
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

SRM wrote:That is one badass battle ax!!!!!
Could you hook me up?
Waiting list is pretty long unless you're active military. Check out the website and give Richard a call if you're interested. www.rmjtactical.com
royalflush

Post by royalflush »

10.5" LWRC M6A2 w/ AAC m42k suppressor. surefire light, aimpoint (any of them)- which will be in the truck. also a .22lr conversion kit
Springfield M1a w/ ebr with high powered magnification- which will be in the safe
5" railed 1911 w/ chip 10 rd mags and an x300

don't have the rifles yet- trying to unload some things to fund those. the sbr being first on my list!
Huntindoc

Post by Huntindoc »

Hopefully I would be bugging in. But I do have a Bug out bag with a winchester 94 in 44 mag in it. I carry a variety of ammo with it and with everything from shot shells to 305gr cor bon penetrators it could take anything on the North American Continent. I would also plan to take my pac-lite .22 and a 44mag pistol as well. But if only time to grab the family and one bag and go that is what I would have.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Huntindoc wrote:Hopefully I would be bugging in. But I do have a Bug out bag with a winchester 94 in 44 mag in it. I carry a variety of ammo with it and with everything from shot shells to 305gr cor bon penetrators it could take anything on the North American Continent. I would also plan to take my pac-lite .22 and a 44mag pistol as well. But if only time to grab the family and one bag and go that is what I would have.
While I'm partial to a 12 gauge shotgun, and while other also seem to have it covered given specific situations.... You sir, IMHO, seem to have the right idea.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Kinda depends on the situation.

- widespread civil unrest and riots burning houses?

- trucking shutdown, no gasoline, no groceries?

- complete bank shutdown ?

- invaded by zombies/aliens/mexico/Canada/.... ?

- nuclear holocaust ?

- revolution/anarchy ?
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
jcsparky
Silent Operator

Post by jcsparky »

]Image

This would be my favorite, If i had just one.. (EA)
HALO, G5, OBIID, SF762K, AACSDN6
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

I have a nifty Samurai Sword from WW2 I would take. ;)
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

Easy answer, my 10.5" LMT and my Glock 19. Hopefully my 4-month-old form 4 gets approved before SHTF or TEOTWAWKI or OMGWTFBBQ so I can take my QDSS-NT4 for the journey.
jcsparky
Silent Operator

Post by jcsparky »

Yep just sent th BATFE folks another check.
Have a SDN6, Outback IId
this will make things better.. Christmas??
HALO, G5, OBIID, SF762K, AACSDN6
timtactical

Post by timtactical »

I have a wide assortment of rifles and pistols, but my go to guns would have to be my ar suppressed 14.5" carbine with eotech and night vision. For pistol I would have to turn to my suppressed S&W M&P 45.
www.greatplainsguns.com

Baldwin City, KS
Ottawa, KS
OldPaladin

Post by OldPaladin »

PTR MSG-91 or PTR 32-KFR and Glock 21.
Μολὼν λαβέ (Come and take it!) -King Leonidas of Sparta, to the Emperor Xerxes of Persia.

TANSTAAFL

"An armed society, is a polite society." -Robert Anson Heinlein, American Patriot
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

For a good all around gun I keep my Henry AR-7 survival rifle (.22 LR) in my backpack. A perfect gun for actually surviving. You know hunting small game to eat and stay alive. Also it can brake down and put into it's own water tight stock that floats!!! Also don't underestimate a .22lr for self defense, not Ideal, but can get the job done. Also .22 is super easy carry lots of rounds for. A G19 or G20C as a pistol... or both... And an M4 or my M1A..... Or both... I like this "both" idea.... But obviously it depends on the situation and where I am at the time and what I have access to. Hopefully it's my house with all above guns + more and lots of food and water.

That being said.. If only two, I would get my 16" AR with suppressor and PVS-14 and Comp M4 Aimpoint and my G19 (for availability of ammo... not because I like the 9mm more than the 10mm by any means :P )

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-survival-ar7.cfm

"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

I think me and the wife figured it out pretty well a while back.

We hunker down for a good two days, maybe three. Top off the gas in the truck, plus gas cans. Load up every gun, AK up front with us, all our ammo (thousands of rounds), my various military surplus left overs, sleeping bags, whatever cooking ware we could fit, our first aid supplys, her diabetes meds, the dogs, canned food if we can fit anything else and drive as safely as possible on back roads to the ranch.

The family has 178 acres of high fenced ranch in the hill country with our own water source, and currently sitting on about 50+ animals. That doesnt count native animals like pigs etc.

Best me and my father in law and uncle can figure we would be safe for about 6-8 months before things got unlivable. We would be going into the local town to barter for needed items . . . .

Unfortunately theres no way to get type 1 diabetes meds so we havent figured that one out yet.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

Unfortunately theres no way to get type 1 diabetes meds so we havent figured that one out yet.
I'm in the same boat.. :? My wife is also type 1.
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

This one is on a refrigerator but there is a lot there for diabetics.
http://survivalblog.se/2012/01/letter-r ... ane-i.html
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Honey Badger. Because honey badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a s--t.
Confederate

Post by Confederate »

So many choices, Colt M4 With AN/PVS4, Colt 1911, Glock 17, Franchi Law 12,
donaldcox35w

Post by donaldcox35w »

I am fortunate enough to be in a line of work where carrying a firearm is mandatory. That being said I never leave the house without my POF 415/ ACOG TA-11, Glock 21 and Sig P238 just for starters. I have the rest of my toys / supplies prepared and staged for a hasty bug out. My wife, family and friends have all been given disaster plans with meeting locations and times. In this a copy of the constitution and bill of rights. It is the end goal to rebuild a society and make a good future for the kids. Everybody has been provided with radios for communication and knows their job when the time comes. Both my vehicles have prepared lock boxes with ammunition and food for getting back to my house where I can either hunker down and defend or move out to one of the meet locations. This is something that was engrained in me from a young age.

Not that I have thought to much about it but.......
badkarma
Silent Operator

Post by badkarma »

ACC 9" 300 blkout PDW and TRP 1911.