Swatting incident in Kansas

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Swatting incident in Kansas

Post by hardcase »

I have never heard of such before but a man was killed by police responding to a crank call.

The way it happened was an online gamer in LA called the Wichita police saying a shooting was about to, or was taking place in Wichita. When police responded the citizen was putting his hands down toward his belt and was killed.

The caller was 25 and should have known better. The police should have known better unless they saw a weapon.

The leason is here for police and victims. Comply and you won't die. I'm sure the police had their guns out. They should not have shot unless they saw a weapon.

This was a news story so may not be accurate.
BobbyJohn

Re: Swatting incident in Kansas

Post by BobbyJohn »

I have heard about this incident, as well as many others over the last few years and when they get caught often times they go to prison.

Now that said, I have also had friends who were LEO killed or wounded because they "Waited" until they saw the weapon. I have been in enough situations over the years I was in hostile zones that if I had waited until I "saw" the weapon, I would not be here typing this.

You have to develop your senses when you work in a highly charged environment, based on what was reported and when it all comes out, I am thinking the officer will be cleared of any wrong doing.

That said, the guy that called the "swat" in, should be charged with actions that resulted in the unwarranted death of another. The guy has been arrested and come to find out, he has also been calling in bomb threats quite often, he needs to plop his butt down on that cement slab in prison and start thinking about how he wants the future of his life to go.

Right now, he is the lowest of lows and does not deserve to be in the public sector, let alone sitting on his ass playing video games for his enjoyment.
Not One More Inch!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I saw the video and audio. The LA guy said that he had Hostages and had spread gasoline all over the house "and may just light the whole thing on fire."

About a dozen cops showed up and were blockaded behind patrol cars, etc. The man came outside when ordered to, had his hands up and away from body and was on his well-lit porch w light surrounding him from behind, via his open house front door. IE: he was perfectly silhouetted by a halo of light and well away from any object or weapon.

I didn't hear what was said by police before he turned and seemed to by reaching to shut the front door to keep the heat from escaping. (It's nasty cold.) Since the only area not visible was BEHIND him, and the cops were all barricaded behind 2 layers of tempered glass and 4 of sheet metal, he posed no threat even if he had a shotgun. A pistol wouldn't have any force after going through the cars and being stopped by body armor.

There was no Issue of Reaction Time. Even if he was pointing a pistol, they had plenty of space and time to respond w long guns. The only Excuse I can think of, is if the OFR was concerned that he was reaching to ignite a fire (since supposedly the house was flush w gasoline fumes.)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
BobbyJohn

Post by BobbyJohn »

I hope the investigation brings way more information to bear, in the mean time, the slime bag that caused all of this over a damn video game needs to be put away for a long time.
Not One More Inch!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

He's already in custody in CA. LA i think.

The FBI tracked down the call. He's done this before and faced Charges. Hopefully this time he'll serve FED time for Interstate Use of Telecom to commit Grievous Bodily Injury. (I don't think that there are any "miscommunication to incite Murder" Statutes on the Books, so they need to work w what IS.

Maybe KS can extradite him for Murder by Proxy. (The fact that they don't charge the Murder Weapon/User isn't necessary to the State's Theory of the Crime. I know of Cases where they charged 3 guys w Accessory to the Crime and had no Primary. The KS State Supreme Court upheld the Ruling that 3 ppl can assist a crime that 'according to the State' no one committed.) I'm not current on their Laws. Maybe they would need to prosecute for a Galaxy of low-level crimes and aggregate the Time into a lengthy Consecutive Sentence.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
BobbyJohn

Post by BobbyJohn »

Yes,

I read the articles last night that stated he is in custody and will be facing charges, they said they have to consult the DA in LA County to figure all of the charges out and they will be conferring with KS as well to see how they want to proceed.

If they follow through with how they were talking last night in the news reports, they are not going to let his butt out for a while.

Fingers Crossed that he never has the opportunity to terrorize anybody else ever again!
Not One More Inch!