Tid Bit of Russian History

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Historian
Silent But Deadly

Tid Bit of Russian History

Post by Historian »

"Four Politburo members were at that dinner: Lavrenti P. Beria, then chief of the secret police;
Georgi M. Malenkov, Stalin's immediate successor; Nikita S. Khrushchev, who eventually rose to the top spot; and Nikolai Bulganin.

The authors, Vladimir P. Naumov, a Russian historian, and Jonathan Brent, a Yale University Soviet scholar,
suggest that the most likely suspect, if Stalin was poisoned, is Beria, for 15 years his despised minister of internal security.

Beria supposedly boasted of killing [poisoning] Stalin on May Day, two months after his death.
''I did him in! I saved all of you,'' he was quoted as telling Vyacheslav M. Molotov, another Politburo member,
in Khrushchev's 1970 memoirs, ''Khrushchev Remembers.'' -Michael Wines 2003 NY Times.

The Fins ground down invading Russians in 1939 as the brave Ukrainians are doing today.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy is the Arminus of the Day:

"Teutoburg Forest is commonly seen as one of the most important defeats in Roman history 9AD,
bringing the triumphant period of expansion under Augustus to an abrupt end."
Small force against legions.

Nina Khrushcheva- “I can’t stand it. Nobody can stand it. We’re dead.”
These were Nina Khrushcheva’s first words when I called to ask how she was faring as Russia’s war on Ukraine
escalates and civilian death tolls rise.
A friend of several years, Khrushcheva has taught me much about the country she loves
and the leader she loathes — Vladimir Putin. An author and professor at the New School in New York
with dual U.S.-Russian citizenship, she’s the great-granddaughter of former Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev.
“How could a country that defeated the Nazis do this?” she asks.
Khrushcheva also finds Putin’s actions out of character.
“I kept arguing that [the invasion of Ukraine] couldn’t happen because if you deconstruct Putin,
he doesn’t do crazy, big things,” she says.
“He does small stuff — Crimea, Belarus. Invading Ukraine was entirely out of the Putin-judo-master-KGB character.” -Washington Post

History will repeat itself.