Audit

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

DevilPig

Audit

Post by DevilPig »

Just woundering if anyone out there has ever had the BATF come knocking on you door. None of my group has and I want to know how you are to handle the event. I have searched for a thread on this and could not find anything. Mind you I can't find my keys in the morning.

Thanks

Mike
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

They have never searched my house, but they stay at the house across the street and have a bunch of audio visual equipment. I don't know what that's about.
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

alleycat72 wrote:They have never searched my house, but they stay at the house across the street and have a bunch of audio visual equipment. I don't know what that's about.
Its probably nothing... :shock:
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Are you a dealer? If so they can drop in unannounced at your licensed premises once a year.

If you're not a dealer, as I suspect is the case, you will probably never hear from them. If you do, it'll either be a brief encounter over a specific firearm (or a bunch if it's related to a dealer that you did a bunch of transfers from), or, they'll show up with a warrant and do what they want. In the former situation if you do not cooperate they will go the warrant route, which is best avoided.

Most NFA owners go their entire lives without ever having a professional interaction with ATF employees.
snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipersubsonic »

theyre gonna visit you for a reason.(if your not a dealer). if they come see you its probably cuz you did somethine, of somebody did something that item is/was affiliated with at some point. not outta curiosity or randomness.
Jeremy
SC-Texas
Silent But Deadly

Post by SC-Texas »

Tell them that you want to cooperate, but want your lawyer present and take their card. Have your lawyer call them and meet in his office.

Never let them in the front door.

If they have a warrant, they are coming in but if no warrant . . .
http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX
3 weelin geezer
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3 weelin geezer »

This is just something people that don't own or never have owned NFA make up. They assume (<--you know what that leads to) that atf kicks in your door to eyeball your stuff. Its an unfounded myth molded out of uncouth, irrational fear. You know, better be safe than sorry trash. When has anyone who owns 'regular' guns had this happen? A gun is a gun.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are not wanted or have warrants.