These damn ATF wait times for trusts/llcs!

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

monster

These damn ATF wait times for trusts/llcs!

Post by monster »

Submitted a form 1 December of 2016, ATF has an acceptance date of Jan 3 2017. Filed as a trust, two person. Still PENDING WTF.

What in the hell is going on? I called to inquire and usually get the run around. Noticed that folks that filed form 1s and 4s as individuals are approved quicker than trusts. Heard of folks that submitted forms back in April that have been approved already!

I couldn't stand by and do nothing, so I contacted my elected official for my area, provided a release form so they can inquire on my behalf.

We pay a tax, pay for fingerprints, pay for photographs, pay for shipping. Especially considering this wait, this needs to be acknowledged as an infringement.
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Re: These damn ATF wait times for trusts/llcs!

Post by mk23 »

I can vouch for that. I have personal form 4's for customers that have been back for over a month now, while trust forms 4 submitted at the same time are still pending.
monster

Post by monster »

My congressmen's assistant which conducts most of the outreach to these government agencies said the ATF processes forms on a first come first serve basis. I inquired directly with the ATF about this, and they claim they do in fact process forms on a FIFI basis, but gave some excuse about the individual applications being easier to process, that's why they are doing those?!? Like WTF.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I have a friend who submitted 3 form 1's (trust) all on the same day/envelope.

Two came back in a little over 12 months and a little change.

The SBR came back in 14 months.

For years, I submitted as an individual, all the while trusts were getting approved in around 3 months while I was waiting 5+ months.

Seems that they've flip-flopped lately, but despite the fact, they've been shown by that fact alone to not process the applications equally.

Which I agree, is infringement. Despite how you apply.
I don't care what your chart says
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

They are purposely taking longer with entity transfers to discourage people from using them for transfers.

BTW my LLC transfers from 2004-2007 used to take 21 to 28 days door to door. this was rightfully so because they only had to go to your states website to check if the entity was legal and in good standing. Now they will let it sit for a year so you go individual next time.