AAC Dead to me.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

AAC Dead to me.

Post by YugoRPK »

I have had a 45 Tirant silencer about 5 or 6 years ago. Its a good silencer. Works well and I have a bunch of pistons and adapters so I was thinking of buying another for compatibility. I did have an issue with it a few months ago where all the guts went downrange. I found them all and I didnt see anything that looked like a baffle strike but obviously there was an issue and more than anything I wanted the threads checked out on the end cap so I sent it in to AAC in Alabama to get looked at . That was 10 weeks ago. Ive called several times to see how my silencer is doing and when I might get it back. They dont know. They havent even looked at it yet. They cant tell me where it is in the queue or anything other than "it might take 7-8 weeks from the time we get it to get it repaired" . OK. Its been 10 weeks so wheres my silencer? "Oh, we havent looked at it yet but it can take 7-8 weeks". . I know what happened. AAC, once a good company with a strong history of innovation and customer service got bought out by Remington and now all that is gone. I'll get my silencer back someday but as far as new purchases go AAC is dead to me.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Things That Go Bang

Re: AAC Dead to me.

Post by Things That Go Bang »

Bummer to hear. I’ve had all my cans sent in for service in the past and AAC has exceeded expectations. I sure hope these are momentary growing pains.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Do you remember the return times? I'm at almost 12 weeks now. I'm about to go on a full retard social media anti AAC blitz. I'm sure they havent taken it out of the box yet.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Imagine posting this here 10-12 years ago. Would've been quickly resolved.
aaronjsmith

Post by aaronjsmith »

Been five months for me bro. Still no word
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

They were dead to me when they trumped up some BS to get rid of the progenitor. Screw corporate politics
Sgt.Mike

Post by Sgt.Mike »

Wondering if JJE Capital Holdings LLC accquiring AAC when Remington was auctioned off will improve things??
Don't push a man to violence when violence is what he has dedicated his life to perfecting. Many walk this earth as silent killers. Careful who you try to victimize. They may welcome the chaos.
mbogo300

Post by mbogo300 »

JJS owns Palmetto State Armory, which is pretty well-run. If JJS doesn't spin or sell AAC off to someone else and want to deal with NFA Brach, I think they'll be a good option.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Curious if AAC returned your TiRant back to you not repaired like they have with other owners who were waiting for work to be performed? Has anyone given you any information with regards to JJS holding company?
George from Alaska