hey everyone , who has tirant 9

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

finnish

hey everyone , who has tirant 9

Post by finnish »

hello suppressed people
who has tirant 9, and what do you think about it ?
real review from smart owners people :mrgreen:
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: hey everyone , who has tirant 9

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Best with regards to suppression, hard to find now that it's out of production.
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Post by savagetactical »

I got one 3 years ago and I like it, granted it is my 1st of 2 pistol cans (2nd is a Octane 45). Its user serviceable but only the blast baffle is stainless (all the others are anodized aluminium) so not recommended if to shoot lead or 22lr through it. The time it would take to clean the lead off of those Aluminium baffles would be a major pain. Some people have shot 300 blk subsonics through them, but I wouldn't do that and AAC frowns upon it. Pistol cans with all stainless baffles are better for that anyway. The finish stripped right off when I cleaned it with M-Pro 7 once, but AAC repainted at no charge. The new finish seems to be more durable. With the Tirant, you are trading a little versatility for an very light weight 9mm full sized can. Good can if you don't plan to shoot lead through it.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Safer to go with a Tirant 45 instead. Caliber flexibility, more volume, a bit more robust. No doubts about handling 300 BLK subs.
JLBourne

Post by JLBourne »

I like mine, but I do get significant POI shift to the right on my MP5 (direct thread, not 3 lug), and my Kel-tec sub2k. Well built, easy to disassemble.
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com
arlen

Post by arlen »

My TiRant 9 is wonder on sound suppression. It is mounted on a Beretta 92G-SD. This pistol design does not have barrel tilt or fall so this lessens the tendency of suppressor to become loose on the barrel. I also have my barrel threaded M13.5x1 L/H so the twist of the rifling will have less tendency of suppressor to become loose on the barrel.
I shoot 124 gr bullet and do not care to try to get whisper quite report. 147 gr does give excellent results but I do not want to increase the pressures on my receiver, locking block, and frame during cycling. 115 gr increases velocity but also increases sound with the can.

Again, the sound suppression of my TiRant 9 is excellent.
Regards,
arlen

======================================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort to chew through the leather straps
======================================
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

AlabamaPaul wrote:Best with regards to suppression, hard to find now that it's out of production.
They still make the Tirant 9.. it's modular now and a few dbs quieter than the old T 9 ...
I have one and it is one of the best I've ever owned for a 9... nice size and quiet. However, If money were a consideration I would but a Tirant 45M and the pistons to fit your 9"s. You will have a multi-caliber suppressor and it suppresses noticeably better than the Tirant 9 simply because it is bigger and has more volume... Funny... the end hole size on my Tirant 45M and my 9M are the same size???