Ti-Rant w/ Dead Air Wipe Endcap

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

07PA

Ti-Rant w/ Dead Air Wipe Endcap

Post by 07PA »

Good Evening Folks,

I've found a tremendous amount of useful information on this board over the years, but never joined or posted before. I was in the shop today playing with an idea and it occurred to me, this form would be the perfect place to inquire about it.

We have a few old new stock Ti-Rant 45Ss in inventory and I was thinking that it would be interesting to try to retrofit one to take a wipe. I've sold cans for years, but know very little about the engineering process / requirements of silencer design. Initially I was looking at how I could modify the Ti-Rant end cap to take a wipe, but then it occurred to me that a Dead Air Ghost end cap might fit. I test fit one into the ti-rant and it seamed to thread in just fine, but only a couple revolutions or so. Being that I know so little about the engineering end, I thought I would ask if anyone here has done anything similar before on a ti-rant and if so, what your results were.

Please note: if you are not a licensed manufacturer, it may be construed as manufacturing a new silencer to change any part of an existing can design.