accuracy issues with Fredom 147gr 9mm

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

accuracy issues with Fredom 147gr 9mm

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

My Revo 45 finally got stamped so I took it to the range to play. At 25 yards Win white box 115 gr prints a golf ball size hole, but fredom munitions 147 RN reman is all over the place. Literally a foot or more group out of the same TROS 5" 3 lug AR setup. No baffle strikes, it's a 45 can so plenty of clearance and bullets look to be going through target stabalized. Next range trip I'll remove the handguard so I can shoot suppressor off, but this is shocking to me. Before I got the Revo I shot a variety of 9mm including 147s through it and it seemed fine. Don't remember if freedom was in that mix though. Anyone run across something like this?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: accuracy issues with Fredom 147gr 9mm

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Don't know what happened that day, but I tried 4 different loads yesterday including the Fredom Munitions 147 and it all shot 3" or less @25yds. Fiocchi 158 were my favorites and FM 147 were not good on accuracy, good on sound and fair on smoke/dirty. Speer 147 sounded sharper, but were cleanest shooting and as accurate as Fiocchi. American Eagle was the dirtiest, smokiest and the only one with feeding problems.

FM reloads seem like a good practice round, Fiocchi is stupid quiet and Speer is a clean reliable second choice round. Will not be buying more American Eagle. Will try the Hush line soon...
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!