LMT MWS 16" - is that a step for an OPS 12th Model?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: k31user

gthirteen
Senior Silent Operator

LMT MWS 16" - is that a step for an OPS 12th Model?

Post by gthirteen »

I note a step in the barrel on the 16" CL barrelled LMT MWS.

It appears to be about 2.1" back from the shoulder, and the barrel is 0.775" in front of the step, and 0.810" behind, according to a cheap Frankford caliper.

Will this work with the standard OPS 12th 30 Cal. collar?
k31user
Industry Professional

Re: LMT MWS 16" - is that a step for an OPS 12th Model?

Post by k31user »

Diameters are too big for our collar. Sounds like it would be easy to make something that would fit. Just sent me 500 rounds aof .223, a couple of mags, and $5 for shipping and I'll make something up(Just kidding, it would probably be around $10 and shipping for a special collar).

RonA
gthirteen
Senior Silent Operator

Re: LMT MWS 16" - is that a step for an OPS 12th Model?

Post by gthirteen »

Thanks Ron- unfortunately for me the MWS is a 7.62, so the .223 would be a deal!

We spoke in early 2012 abouth the 12th model 30 cal for my LaRue OBR.

Can showed up at ADCO, and made it to my in state SOT in September.

I still need to get the barrel diameter to you for the OBR for one of the "special" sleeve adapters.

Recent developments led me to panic buy the LMT MWS sooner than I planned, and since I've got a badass can in my favorite SOT's safe, I figured I could go ahead and set up the LMT as well.

Also, I lost your phone number. Thanks again for talking to me earlier this year, and I can't wait to get he stamp on this one, however shame on me for not getting the ball rolling on the sleeve adapter earlier.

If you pm me your # again I can call you on Tuesday.

Thanks very much!