12th model sleeve adapter

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: k31user

mp5
Elite Member

12th model sleeve adapter

Post by mp5 »

Will the sleeve adapter ADCO sells for the M4-s to a 12th model system slip off easily so I can go from an M4-M to a 12th model can on the 12th model/SPR barrel?
You don't have to remove the brake to get it off, right?

Thanks.
Regards,

Jorge
mp5
Elite Member

Re: 12th model sleeve adapter

Post by mp5 »

And ?
Regards,

Jorge
the_accuser
Silent But Deadly

Post by the_accuser »

I would call ADCO and asked. I didn't know that existed and if you don't have to remove the brake to add/remove that collar then I'm going to jump start my next build so I can use all my Ops models on one upper.
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

Steve @ADCO replied that the sleeve adapter (#5 in the photo) does slip over the existing 12th model brake and mounts onto the collar. My question arose from wanting to purchase an M4-M to use in an SPR contoured 16 inch 223 barrel. I allready have a 30 caliber 12th Model and wanted a smaller can on the 223 SPR, yet retain the ability to use the bigger 12th.

Another question arises, will the slip on adapter function as good (repeatable POI, accuracy) as the dedicated collar (#2) that allows the use of the smaller cans on a 12th contoured barrel ?
It would seem that the dedicated solution afforded by the #2 adapter would give a more stable shoulder for the can.

I wanted to retain the capacity to use the 30 caliber 12th and the M4-m on the 223 SPR barrel, but if the M4-m is near hearing safe on a 16 inch barrel I could just forego the slip on adapter and go with #2 for the M4-M.

Regards,

Jorge