YHM 5.56 Phantom SS QD

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

YHM 5.56 Phantom SS QD

Post by doubleajaybrock »

Who has one and what are your thoughts? If you could do it all over again, would you have purcahsed something else? Tell me why!
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Re: YHM 5.56 Phantom SS QD

Post by tsands974 »

If you look at some testing Major Malfunction did in the spring of 2010, you can see its results which are very impressive considering its competitors and its cost. I love mine, and would buy it again in a heartbeat. While technically not hearing safe, it is very tolerable to my ears without earpro on my 10.5'' sbr. Plus it is built like a tank, rated for full-auto fire and has a lifetime warranty.
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

Mainly for the money and time savings. If I had to do it over again, I would skip the .223 can and just get a .308 can. Multi-purpose cans appeal to me more these days. I use my SS Phantom on a 10.5" and a 12.5" AR platform. It works fine, it's kind of heavy, but still a decent can. That's just my opinion. The examiner for my area is up to 7 month approvals now,,, :(

If I were looking today, I'd probably wait for info on the .308 silencerco can. Just to see what kind of options/versatility it will have,,,
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

I like them. They are a good, price point can. I have worn out 3 11.5" barrels using one and it is still in great shape
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

coyote223 wrote:If I had to do it over again, I would skip the .223 can and just get a .308 can
This really has to be the most common sentiment on this forum.
ssnfa
Silent But Deadly

Post by ssnfa »

I have one with about 15k rounds through it (mostly full auto on a LMT) and it is still going strong!!

I have the 7.62QD also and would not talk a customer out of buying it instead though. The 7.62 works great on both calibers.
Corey A. Shaffer, President
Safe & Secure, LLC
d.b.a - SSNFA & NFA Shirts
[email protected]
07 FFL/02 SOT
www.nfashirts.com
www.hushindiana.com
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I have one as well. I to have put thousands of rounds through it on fa and it still is in great shape. I bought it because it was the beefiest can I could find and it has proved to be worth it. If your not going fa there are many cans much lighter. When you thing this thing on your barrel your gonna know it. But if your looking for a tank that is pretty much indestructible I highly recommend the 5.56 Phantom steel version...
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubleajaybrock »

Does 3 oz. make a big difference in weight? The YHM is at 20oz. and AAC M4-2K is 17.1. (Everything I keep looking at is about 17-18oz. besides the Ti cans)
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

doubleajaybrock wrote:Does 3 oz. make a big difference in weight? The YHM is at 20oz. and AAC M4-2K is 17.1. (Everything I keep looking at is about 17-18oz. besides the Ti cans)
I do not notice 3oz
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

I have a 7.62 QD on the way...You can get mounts that are IN STOCK for nearly anything you could put it on. A great asset for a QD can. Just waiting on my damn form.
aevert

Post by aevert »

The only thing I would have done different is not by it for my first can (live and learn, but I was going to get one eventually). Like others already said, the price was right and the extra three ounces didn't seem like enough justification to me to pay twice the price for an M42K.