BHP and Octane

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

BHP and Octane

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Hi all. I have a BHP 9mm and want to add an Octane to it. ADCO and Tornado Tech can't extend or thread the barrel due to it's thinness. The only aftermarket barrel I can find is EFKfiredragon. However, I have read some pretty mixed reviews of EFK barrels. Any suggestions/comments on what I can do or opinions on EFK? Thanks very much.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: BHP and Octane

Post by chrismartin »

Member her named twinsen bought an EFK and it just about killed his HP.

Barsto makes HP barrels. I'd call them and see if they would do an extended and/or threaded barrel. They don't have it on their website, but they may be able to make one up for you.

I'll never buy an EFK barrel, given my previous experiences with them. Several other members here have had bad experiences as well.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

wmdaniel70 wrote:Hi all. I have a BHP 9mm and want to add an Octane to it. ADCO and Tornado Tech can't extend or thread the barrel due to it's thinness. The only aftermarket barrel I can find is EFKfiredragon. However, I have read some pretty mixed reviews of EFK barrels. Any suggestions/comments on what I can do or opinions on EFK? Thanks very much.
Your options are limited.

You could go with an EFK barrel, which is something I wouldnt even consider. They have a horrible reputation for crappy customer service and poor workmanship.

The suggestion to contact Barsto is a good idea. They may be able to solve the issue.

OR, you could take door #3 and invest in a new host.
Uziman

Post by Uziman »

Barsto is good to go. Brought one from them for my BHP its better to send them the gun for minor adjustments.