quietest suppressors for centerfire rifles

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Who makes the quietest suppressors for CF rifles chambered in .308Win & smaller, as of 2016?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:52 pm

AAC
8%
AWC
No votes
Coastal Gun
No votes
Dead Air
8%
Desert Tech
No votes
Gemtech
No votes
Griffin
No votes
KAC
No votes
Liberty
8%
Rugged
15%
SIG Sauer
No votes
SilencerCo
54%
Surefire
No votes
YHM
No votes
other (Please state brands and models in a comment.)
8%

Total votes: 13

Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly

quietest suppressors for centerfire rifles

Post by Zephyr »

Greetings, everybody.

I haven't been active in the forum in years. The last time I was stationed in a NFA state was in 2005. Next month, I will finally be moving to a NFA state again. I can't wait to make a(n educated) purchase. My first purchase MIGHT be a QD suppressor, so I can switch hosts in the beginning.

I own a bolt action chambered in .308 and ARs. I know that the industry has changed a lot since I was actively reading forum posts years ago. Which models are the quietest rifle suppressors for my situation, that are available in the US nowadays? And please don't say, "Mine is." or "I heard that X makes the quietest." if you only have personal experience with one suppressor, or if you've never metered your suppressors. Thanks in advance.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936
dan_h
Silent Operator

Re: quietest suppressors for centerfire rifles

Post by dan_h »

looking at the new Thunderbeast Ultras right now (7 & 9)...look pretty interesting!
Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly

Re: quietest suppressors for centerfire rifles

Post by Zephyr »

dan_h wrote:looking at the new Thunderbeast Ultras right now (7 & 9)...look pretty interesting!
Thanks for sharing, Dan :) I found their website.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936