Sunday night/Monday morning hog hunt.

Hunting in general, or with a suppressor.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Sunday night/Monday morning hog hunt.

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Sunday night/Monday morning:

This is from the only volley fired that night/morning. The first boar was probably 50 yards or less. We didn't want to spook him, so we didn't try to get any closer. The problem was that the rest of the sound weren't any closer than 110 yards. Many were beyond that.

Thanks go out to Husky, Seth, Solothurn and the deadliest golf cart. Good hunt!

By the way, it's been said that my sweat is a natural hog attractant. I could take offense to that, but instead, I'm offering it for sale at $5 per oz.. :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sunday night/Monday morning hog hunt.

Post by lafsnguy »

Nice I'm hoping to finally get a chance to do this this weekend. I won't have night vision but I have some green kill lights that hopefully will work. Where I am hunting is pretty thick woods with food plots so the farthest shot would be about 75 yards. I've got my lage max 31 silenced with a whole drum of pretty hot loaded 147 xtps. I also have a marlin 1894c that I can put my silencer on. I haven't found a good heavy subsonic load for it yet, but it is really accurate with 158 xtps at just over 2000 fps. Trying to decide which one to take. Either way hoping to fill my freezer.